RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, November 19, 2010

BRIGHTEN THE CORNER WHERE YOU ARE........

This past summer I came across a yard sale and there I saw it....This little small white desk
( I knew it would fit perfectly in the corner of my bedroom).....I saw it was marked $5 but the lady took one look and said, oh you can have this for $2 ok? " I said, " Ok thank you" and took it home........The desk was cream and I thought I would paint it "cottage gray"......( I love names on paint I dont know why but they seem to be more real?) So it sat and summer flew by.........

By Fall my hubby said to me as he was cleaning out the garage; " Honey do I throw this thing out?" What? I thought......"This is a treasure and my corner".........so sweetly he left my "treasure in its place"........I had a picture I had found of a corner desk with a shelf above it and and nice little chair........" I didnt want to put any money in this little project" so I just whispered to God of my need.......Within a few weeks I found a vintage chair that was painted black and had
a gray and black seat for $2; then I found a small shelf with scrolls holding them up for $1; " I couldnt believe it! But..........then God was caring for me!
So........I kept the cream desk; moved it into the corner behind my wing chair and it fit perfectly.........I began to add my "organizer"; some flowers I had in a box; a few things here and there and lit my candle and it came to life.......
I love the detail on the desk and its little curves......
Sometimes I find cute little bags and I hung this one from the bottom of the shelf.......
This is a photo of my grandmother and grandfather..........( I never knew them) but my granddaughter has her name..............I sometimes look at that photo ( the only one my mom
ever had) and wonder if she knows her granddaughter admires her............
My shelf............holds some of my favorite things; a picture of mr favorite guy and I; my Bible verse ( found the frame for .50 and put my verse in it); a favorite book and a pillow my sister
sent to me..........
My granddaughter and I had fun one day picking up pinecones and glittering them............
We then placed them in a basket for Thanksgiving.......to enjoy


Dr. Jack Hyles used to have a favorite song; "Brighten the Corner Where You Are"........(this always reminds me God can use you right where you are)...............

I love the little desk in the corner.........it helps me keep my files in one place; notebooks together ( basket underneath); day and month items posted; and a place where my granddaughter can come bring me "tea" with her playset..........

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

Don't you just love "finds" like that - enjoy!

Rebekah Tastet said...

I like those special deals!