RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, November 22, 2010

I LOVE MONDAYS............THANKFULNESS AND TABLESETTINGS

I LOVE MONDAYS..........and I have so much to be thankful for...........These are the beautiful
flowers my husband gave me for my birthday.......They are still bringing beauty throughout my room............I am so spoiled that after 33 years he still brings me flowers..............
I am working on my Thanksgiving Table today..........oh...its doesnt have to be perfect but
I like setting a pretty table for myself and others to enjoy..............I am working on this cornucopia ....I didnt want the traditional pumpkins and gourds but I thought these colors worked with the rest of the table...........
I like a little sparkle for this special occasion..........so I added these little "glitter mosaic balls"
This will be the place-setting along with the silverware and such ( I wont put these until the
last day)
I only had 4 of the orange plates ; so I added a few white also........Use what you have is my
thought.............I also am using some things from my mom this year which will keep her near
my heart..........
I hope to bake some little cookies and write each guest name on it for each place setting...........
I have several votive candles throughout the table in which I will light........I love candlelight
for special occasions...........it brings abit of twinkle to the table!! This glass plate was my
moms and I think I will place the ham slices upon it...........I have a turkey platter from her
also and will use that too!
I have a chandelier that I am not crazy about ; ( you know all the new styles) but I am thankful
for a nice light over the table so..........USE WHAT YOU HAVE..........and I added some pretty
berries and garland which just seemed to bring it all together...........
I have "my favorite things" hutch that sits nearby ............I found this little doll in a box when
I was looking for some things..........Its from my sister who passed away with cancer a few
years back.......( I can keep her near my heart too).........by remembering .............
We are having guest for overnight so I found these cute little bags for them and filled them
with "goodies"......( my daughter in law taught me this she is so good at making baskets for guest like me!)............I have readied the guest room with towels; fresh soaps; and clean fresh sheets
for them to sleep on..............
And last..............a reminder from God..............I looked up and couldnt believe my eyes that
in the end of November there were 4 roses in bloom on my rosebush outside..........God can
bring "His beauty" in any season and blooms in your life to the fullest!

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Looks beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!