RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PREPARATIONS.GOING FORTH...........GREAT BROWNIES

This is my first Thanksgiving at my home that I have had in 20 years....Every year we would travel out of town to be with my dad and mom and sister and her family......This past June mom went to heaven and a short time before dad went to heaven...my husbands Dad too ( who I loved too)...........So........this year is abit different. I am glad my mom gets to see my dad now and her daughter (my sister); and her first born baby boy.......but I will miss her........But her legacy lives on ......and I have my written list of my Thanksgiving menu; things to be prepared and guest coming...........

It has been a busy time but a time filled with the aromas of sausage cooking for the dressing; cranberry sauce and Nantucket cranberry pie baking; crisp bacon filling the air ready for Grandma M.s cauliflower broccoli salad; chocolaty brownies with buttercream icing; celery and onion chopped; apples that came from a friend in the Fall brought of of the freezer and readied for the pies to be filled and baked today.............I could "smell" Thanksgiving in the air!!
Nantucket Cranberry pie my daughter told me about...................Smells so good......... Home made cranberry sauce looks and smells delicious...................... Getting the "sweet potatoes " ready and baked...........to put together later with pecans; brown sugar; oats; and butter...............Oh my!!!!!!
Cranberries in a bowl always look so pretty............and today I will bring out my pumpkin rolls and cookies from the fridge and make name tags on my cookies for each place setting......... I LOVE stuffing.........I can remember mom stuffing the bird with this delicious treat but this year I will make dressing on the side with sausage; celery ; onions and chicken broth......... My granddaughter has been peeking inside the fridge "talking to Tom Turkey"......buzzing about the kitchen in and out; tasting treats grandma gives..........and she made a Thanksgiving Table like grandmas with her step stool; some bottles; cups; and her pink blankie and had her Pa Pa have a tea party with her on the floor.........( she used grandma's good napkin rings too but you know thats ok with me) These are just things ( not a Hallmark card ha ha) and I am enjoying having her along my side this Thanksgiving...........


I will do more on my list today..........baking pies; finishing cookies; more pumpkin rolls (by daughter wanted to give them to someone); cleaning; laundry; * I made lemon chicken ahead yesterday so I could pull it out of the fridge today and just warm it for a quick dinner*** But.........in the midst of all this I must STOP and realize this isnt all about me or my dinner or the house but about a day of Thanks...........a time of Thanks.........and all I have been given.... My health, a family; a place to live; heat; food; friends; freedom.........I could go on and on..... My sister gave me this simple recipe for Delicious Brownies ..........so easy so I thought I would share..........

1 box Gueradelli brownie mix 1 can Duncan Hines chocolate buttercream frosting 1 can Duncan Hines caramel frosting . Make brownies . Frost with chocolate ; then caramel frosting........EAT!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

What a wonderful day you make for your family!