DECORATING THE HOME....ART PRINTSHave you ever walked into a room and looked up and there was a print or picture that just caught your attention and made that room complete. When my husband and I have visited a bed and breakfast, I always notice the pretty prints above the fireplace. I have to say I love pictures or prints but always thought they were an extra, I would buy in my home and not spend too much on these items.
My sisters have beautiful prints hanging in their homes in nice heavy frames and some under glass. I know some of these prints have come from higher end stores but I was stunned when my sister told me that 3 of her prints had come from the thrift store and she had them put in other frames or used them as is! She has a good eye for art prints and knows names to look for.
She has picked up some for $10-15 . My other sister told me that when she goes to a store such as Hobby Lobby or Michaels she looks for prints that have the colors that she enjoys or go with her home and goes from that theme for the rest of her room.
I remember a time when my husband and I went to a nice bed and breakfast! There they sold beautiful prints of the Inn in which we were staying. I ended up getting that print and my sister had it framed in a large nice frame. It now hangs in our bedroom so I can remember that special time!
Art can come in the form of nice paintings; oils; or prints and can really make your room comfy and homey. Whatever you choose to do ; make it something you enjoy!
2 comments:
Your sister's idead about taking a picture and using the color for a theme in a room is smart!
Beth
Hello! Hope all is well with you and your mom.
Love, Rebekah
Post a Comment