RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, April 3, 2008

DECORATING THE HOME.............THE LAUNDRY ROOM

DECORATING THE HOME..............THE LAUNDRY ROOM


OUTDOOR LAUNDRY ROOM------------SUNSHINE



Yes the laundry room! Decorating your home should include a place where we spend most of our days!! I love my washer and dryer! Now that may sound crazy but there are times when my machines saw their last days and I had to do the "laundry mat" for a short while and it was ok too but that makes me LOVE my washer and dryer that I can go to in my home each day!



I have had many different laundry rooms over the years. Some small and dark; some pretty and bright and some with flooded basement all around them! But in any case I wanted what I looked at everyday to look appealing to my senses. It made me feel good when I was there.

So what do we do first?



A laundry room should be organized. Piles and piles of clothes that have been sitting for weeks on floors and in baskets can be discouraging. * I don't mean if you are ill or have alot of laundry to do. I mean because you don't have a system that seems to work for you. So get a system such as doing laundry 2-3 times a week or everyday if that works for you then do it. Wash; dry ; and fold and put away.



Keep it clean and maybe a nice little picture or a couple of pretty bright colored kitchen towels to hang up ( and use to dry hands if needed).



Have a small shelf of some sorts and put your detergents here as well as spot remover; fabric softener; and maybe a jelly jar with some place to put pennies; pins; or odds and ends into.


You can also paint your room with a pretty colors such as buttercream yellow or crisp linen.


Here are some quick ideas for organizing your laundry room:


1. Plan a day for your laundry.

2. Have a place for your family to put their laundry. ( a hamper; or basket) and have them bring it to the laundry room on that day assigned. * Don't fall apart if they don't remember ha

3. Sort your laundry by color; towels; baby items etc.....

4. Spot clean and wash; soften.

5. As you take out your clothes in your washer shake them abit. * My mom always said. This saves on wrinkles.

6. Hang dry any special cottons.

7. Dry and check temp on certain items. * For example on my husbands work cotton shirts I dry them separately and then quickly hand them up. This keeps from any wrinkling.

8. Set aside ironing. * I always press dress shirts; and dress clothes.


Laundry is never ending someone said. And that can be a true statement. But we can make the laundry room as well as the laundry a good part of our life if we will take time to make it work for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband built me 2 counters and shelves in my basment for laundry. It is so nice to not have to bend over all the time. The counter top was going to be thrown out but is doesn't have a scratch on it and is lovely to me.

Anonymous said...

Again, very helpful ideas! In less than two months...I will have my own washer and dryer again! Without paying for each load! Laundry and chores are only dreaded when we leave them undone too long! LOL! We love you guys!
-Rebekah Tastet