RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, April 11, 2008

HOLIDAYS...........SPRING AND PICKING STRAWBERRIES

HOLIDAYS......SPRING AND PICKING STRAWBERRIES
Spring is finally here and soon it will be time to pick strawberries. When my girls were young around 8-10 years old we would make plans to gather our fruits and also make strawberry jams.
Our you-pick farm was not far away but we would make a day of it and take a lunch; and baskets to gather our berries. Then we would laugh; and pick; and eat some of the berries as we picked.
We would take them home; wash them and cut them for nice evening dessert of strawberry shortcake. Then I would take part of the other and we would fill small jars with sweet strawberry jam . They would look so nice sitting on a shelf with all the sweet red berries in the sunlight to be put up for winter and enjoyed with some homemade bread.
I don't think I was an expert on berry picking or even making jams but we had fun in the process of learning and made a memory for my girls. We are blessed enough to also have blueberry farms near us to be picked and frozen in July for the winter months.
I hope you get to gather some of God's bounty this Spring and summer and make a memory for yourself or your family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to try this with my girls! Mmmm!
-Rebekah Tastet

Josh & Jenny said...

I can't believe you post a blog every day. I have trouble thinking of one a week. Today's weather was beautiful! 69 degrees!!! Love ya! Praying for Grandma! I am flying in on May 20th, yea!! see ya then! -jenny

Trish said...

Strawberry picking sounds like so much fun! We go blueberry picking every summer, but maybe we will add strawberries too! Cute pic on this post!