This past week I have been with my mom in ICU at the heart hospital! My sweet husband has sent me to be near her side along with my 4 sisters and brother from out of state.She is suffering from congestive heart failure and alot of fluid build up in her little body.
This has been a good week and a tender time to be with family and my mom.
This week I have walked the hospital halls many a time. As I walked down the hall I remembered last February walking hospital halls and sitting beside my husband as he had his open heart surgery. I remember
d last March walking down another hospital hall to be with my dad as he spent his last days here on earth and went to heaven in March. I remember the walk........... It is so funny to see a young child put on "their daddy's big shoes" and walk and walk around the room. They want to walk in their "daddy's shoes". I too, am walking in my moms shoes as she day by day shows strength and beauty. As she tries to move her frail body swollen with water and eat her meal. As she struggles and shakes but laughs and encourages us with her talk about "us and our lives"! Her sparkle in her deep blue eyes against her silver gray hair sent love flowing out to everyone in the room.
I too, want to walk in "my heavenly Fathers shoes". I want to hold HIs hand and have "Him" lead me in His ways. I want to be sensitive to HIs ways and His paths for me. I want to be like my mom and "walk in "His shoes" and "His" love.
6 comments:
Make me cry! Miss you sooo much! Kisses from Ella, love you, Becky!!
Praying for you and your family today.
((Hugs)),
Mrs. C
I'm praying for you today. You certainly have become a fine lady just like your wonderful mother!
Musser family, my husband and I are thinking about you this week.
We will pray for your mom during this time. She will miss you as you miss her too.
Love,
Beth
God bless you and your family during this precious time.
Love, Rebekah Tastet
Just stopped by to tell you I'm praying for you.
Post a Comment