THOUGHTS....CHANGES ...IN LIFEThese past few weeks I have seen alot of changes in life in general. I left my home when the winter winds were still blowing snow squalls; when my little sweet baby granddaughter was just beginning to roll to one side; and when my dear mother was walking and had visited in our home helping me fix dinner for our family. Life changes. Sometimes in an instant. Sometimes slowly.
I was the kind of person that didn't like change much growing up. I like things steady and the same. It brings security to our lives. But God knew what He needed me to be and He quickly showed me that the word ADAPT was what He had in mind.
As I returned home I noticed that Spring had filled the air. The grass was greener and pink dogwood trees were blooming all around. My sweet granddaughter now looked taller; rolled over and sat up on her very own. And my mom. Well she got sick; her body weakened and her life now turned to a new road of recovery and determination.
Change. Its doesn't always mean bad things in our lives! In fact; it can be a very good thing in our life. My good friend ; Judy Vest ( now in heaven) once stood in the living room of our new home in which she had come to help me unpack. As she looked out my large front room window she said to me " God never gives us something that is not for the better". She said " Look at those big trees in your front yard. You will so enjoy the birds and beauty of the trees.
She was right. I did love to hear the birds sing on a beautiful Spring morning. And the most beautiful dogwood tree bloomed right outside that window for me to enjoy for years. She went to heaven 3 years after that .
God has never taken or changed anything in that He didn't give back twice fold. He loves me enough to change for the good. Sometimes the change will not be a noticeable change but it might be something we see years later or we see His goodness in.
While traveling back home with my husband I began to think about all the good that had come from caring for my mom and her days of illness and now recovery. These will only apply to me but I will share them. I love my husband and children all the more. I love my sisters and my brother and know their lives more now than I did before. I miss and love my church more.
I know how to love God more. I can feel for those who are caregivers or for those who have to have loved ones that are ill be hospitalized more. I am not strong but weak and God is my strength of life.
Change comes to all of us. I pray that your change will be a change for good.
4 comments:
Change is here to stay. I'm glad that you are home. I've been praying for you!
So true. Our life will be going through lots of changes - I believe all good! New home, new church, new schools, new jobs, etc. Thank you for your wonderful reminders on change!
Love, Rebekah
I was just talking to Joseph about how much change we've had in our lives. And we were thankful for all the things we've learned and now have. -Marcy
Changes have come into our life too. My husband, once a man that never got sick, is suddenly stricken with mantle cell lymphoma. The lymphoma never got to a point where it made him sick, but the chemo treatments have. You are right, change is not always bad. At least now I am spending lots of time with my best friend.
Post a Comment