RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DECORATING THE HOME......MUMS

DECORATING THE HOME.......MUMS




I love Mums in the Fall! They are such a large full flower that looks like a burst of color!
Last weekend my husband took me by a large garden market. There were mums everywhere
in all colors!! He told me to pick out some I liked. I was so excited and we went about looking for the color that would look nice on our front porch. A beautiful ruby red button mum was my favorite. We asked the clerk there how long they thought these would last without planting them. He told us about 2 weeks. We then decided to wait and get them later in the season to last through October.

Mums are very versatile. You may use them on a porch; deck; or sitting on a table for a beautiful centerpiece. I am hosting a ladies missions meeting at my home in later September.
I plan on using a large mum as the centerpiece and putting various gourds; leaves; and tea light candles around the table.

If you don't live in an area that carry mums any Fall foliage will due. I enjoy the bittersweet; pumpkins; gourds; and any dried Fall filler all around the house.
What do you enjoy to decorate your home?

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

I do our entry with corn stalks, gourds, pumpkins, etc.

Indoors,a mum.

As always, a nice, seasonal post, Nancy.

Rebekah Tastet said...

I love pumpkins, corn stalks, gourds and scarecrows! I also love beautiful fall wreaths.