TUESDAYS THOUGHTS...HIS EYES ARE ON THE SPARROW LUKE 12:7 "But even the very hairs on your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: yea are of more value than of many sparrows.
Yesterday was a busy day. I had gotten up early; had my devotions; made my husband and myself breakfast; tided the house and had to run errands to the grocery store to prepare for a ladies missions luncheon for Tuesday at at my home. I checked my list off after each place completed. I noted just how beautiful of a day it was with the sunshine and clear skies. I was getting it all done.
I remembered my "blog" for Monday and remembered to try and listen to what God wanted and not get frazzled with too many things to do.
As .....I readied myself to go home I was on my cell phone talking with my daughter when I pulled into traffic. I pushed on my brakes and it went to the floor; once again.......to the floor...
I told me daughter I felt no brakes and hung up the phone. As I pumped and pumped again it was of no avail. No brakes and I began to go ahead. Like a light ( from God) I quickly put my car into park. Boom ! I hit the person ahead of me. As we both got out I knew my car was done. I
quickly told her I was sorry and went to give out my insurance information. She had a large truck like car and looked again and said it seemed fine and that it was ok and she left.
There I stood in now big traffic ......shaken but calm. I dialed my cell phone and told my daughter and she called my son-in-law. My husband was very far away so there was no use in bothering him. I prayed. I then realized there I was stuck making other cars to go around me. I felt the swooshing of the traffic around me and finally a police car pulled up behind me. He was so nice and I told him I thought my brakes went out. He drove it around the corner and into a gas station. My knees were shaking and I thanked him. He then told me that my brakes were completely out. I then thought: I have all these groceries in my little truck melting. My sherbet for my punch was quickly becoming orange slush in the heat. Just then, my son-in-law Dan; came up with his car! He had asked his boss and taken off work to come get me; my groceries; my orange melting sherbet and took me all the way home
and even carried in all the groceries.
I am thankful for God today as His eye was on His child. I was thankful for a son-in-law that cared enough for his mother-in-law to leave work; fight traffic; and take care of things. I was thankful for a call to my husband later that just said " I am glad your alright ; and called a tow truck that cost him alot of money with no problem". I was thankful for a daughter Ruth who had just fixed my cell phone yesterday after it not working right for 2 weeks! I was thankful for a daughter Becky who helped me get things together for my luncheon tomorrow after an eventful day her mother had!
I am thankful I am loved!
10 comments:
Praise the Lord for His protection. I'm glad everyone is OK.
I am glad you are OK! What a day you had! What a wonderful family that helped you out in your eventful day! God is good!
I'm so glad that you weren't injured!
Bless your heart! I'm so thankful that you weren't hurt!
God certainly had a hedge of protection around you Nancy. I'm so thankful you were not injured.
Hugs!
Doesn't that always happen on the busiest days? Glad you were Ok.
Wow, what a day! So glad you didn't "lose it" and were able to keep calm and let God take care of the details. WHEW!
O Nancy I am so glad you are ok. What a blessing! Thank the Lord for his protectionl.
I am happy that you were not hurt and that the lady that you hit wasn't upset or hurt either. God does watch over us.
Oh what a day to have! I, too, am thankful you were OK. Thank you for stopping by my lonely blog. These days I am limiting my computer time,so I am only updating my homeschool blog. I just felt it was the right thing to do for my family. Blessings to you.
Jenn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jenn4him
Post a Comment