RAKING THE YARD
ORGANIZING THE MUD ROOM OR FRONT FOYER
CLEANING OUT THE KITCHEN
GOING THROUGH CLOTHES NOT NEEDED NOW
There are several times a year in which I choose to rid out; clean out; and throw out things not needed.
It helps me to feel more peaceful. I think when I was younger my mom must of done this and passed it on and so my married daughter and daughter in law also do the same things!
God shows us in His word that we are to do things in order. This summer I have watched and enjoyed many beautiful birds come to the feeder. I have heard their songs. I have seen them fly in; build their nests; have their young; and feed them; watch them grow and send them on their new lives. Now I see those same birds gathering together as they set their sites on a warmer climate and fly in groups across the skies chattering together for a common goal . They have an order in which they live.
As I have gotten older I want life to become simpler. My husband too, enjoys peaceful moments of time. But...........life isn't always quiet and simple is it. I think by keeping some order we bring that peace we often desire.
Here are some quick ideas to organize your home for Fall.
. Clear out clutter. Throw away excess papers;broken items magazines; books; anything in excess.
. Purchase plastic tubs. Label these. Baby 0-9 months. Holiday items; Keepsakes for " Josh" or your child; or whatever you need to store. Then you can find it (hopefully) when needed.
. Clean out the kitchen. Clean inside; clean outside ; clean top; wipe down; throw out; organize for your use. Example: Children's lunch items in large box on shelf; Dads snack items in one drawer. For the Freezer ( 1 lb zip locks of burger; cooked chicken ready to go; cooked dinners ready to go ; my daughter makes fresh baby food and freezes the "squash" in ice cube trays and puts in little zip-locks bags
When baby is ready to eat; she pops those out; defrost and ready to eat!
Clean and refresh. Your bedrooms. You can update these for Fall. Add some Fall colors. If you desire you may add a warmer duvet and some nice flowers. I have changed my room this Fall to a more rich masculine color. I purchase ( from the thirft store); a beautiful duvet and sham made by Woolrich for $2.50 in a rich warm coffee brown. I added some pillows from another room and a new picture and my husband really liked it.
Front Porch. Add a Fall wreath to your door. Rake; pick up leaves;and clutter in your yard. If you own a shed or garage straighten these also.
Your closet. Clean out; rid out; donate or throw out items that do not fit or
go with anything . Simple.
These are just a few ideas for you as you organize your home for Fall.
What ideas do you have?
3 comments:
I have lists made for "Sept. Oct. Nov. and Dec.! Seems it is a cycle of never ending stuff to do:)
Thanks for the ideas. I sure have a lot of work to do. I will let you know how it goes.
Good ideas! I will be going through things when we unpack and settle in our new house. It should be ready for fall and for a cozy winter! :)
Post a Comment