RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DECORATING THE HOME.......PILLOWS

TWO PILLOWS I COVERED FOR "FALL"
A SMALL SILK "FALL" PILLOW FOR MY CHAIR
DECORATING THE HOME......PILLOWS

I love pillows! I enjoy finding a small nicely shaped pillow at a thrift store that would fit just right in my little chair.

This week I took my two pillows that sit in my white rockers on my front porch and decided to cover them. I had a rose colored print for the summer and I needed something for Fall.

I found a scrap of orange fabric for .25 and took those square pillows and folded here and there until they fit snugly. I then found some brown and white polka dot ribbon that I tied around the pillow like a present. Finally, I added some pretty craft red berries to hang from the ribbon in the middle! It worked!

I know my daughter-in-law has sewn beautiful covers for her pillows. My sister Joyce does incredible needlepoint pillows that look like a work of art when done.

I enjoy pillows with a little sparkle of color or bead. I enjoy colors in a silk fabric for Fall such as a rich red; gold; or chocolate brown.

Small pillows can be fun to find for the season. Some even have words that inspire you!

I will try and post some of my little pillows I have found for my Fall decorating. Its just a small idea for decorating your home sweet home!

4 comments:

Charity Lister said...

Thos are very pretty pillows! What a great way to add a decorative touch for each season!

Paula said...

Pretty throw pillows add such a cozy touch. ;)

Rebekah Tastet said...

A comfy way to decorate for the season! :)

Anonymous said...

I need to change the pillows on my porch!!! We are excited about Dad coming for a visit. Can you e-mail me a list of things he eats for breakfast, lunch and snacks, etc. so that I can have plenty of stuff for him to eat. Thanks!!! Becky has my e-mail if you don't. Jenny