OTHERS.........GIVING THANKS
The baskets I have been working on are now finished and ready to give away. They were filled with pretty red cups and white cups; tea bags; coffee mixes; cocoa mixes; a pretty tea strainer with ribbon; a candle; and some candies.
I wrapped my pumpkin rolls in some pretty tissue with a bow; or wrapped them and put some in a pretty bag alongside my pumpkin butter; or simply gave some out wrapped in clear
cellophane.
Others thought they were the one getting the gift; but you see I was the one that was thrilled to GIVE and receive a blessing.
We cannot always give to others; especially with the economy as it is now; but we can do
small things to "Brighten the Corner Where You Are". I used to sing this little song all the time.
Whereever your corner of the world is........ There is someone who could use a SMILE>
There is someone who could use a encouraging note; There is someone who could use a simple
pumpkin roll or some home made cookies.
As I get busy with the holiday season...... I dont want to forget OTHERS at this time that might be hurting in some way. Maybe a basket of cheer for that one in the hospital; maybe a basket filled with muffins; hot cocoa and pumpkin butter for the discouraged one.......
I am so thankful for ALL the Lord has given me....... Can I take time to give a little back to OTHERS?
2 comments:
Thanks for this reminder, Nancy. :)
I think the best gifts in life are ... homemade or just a simple item that did not cost a lot...you were just thrilled someone was thinking of you!
Post a Comment