PSALMS 69:30 " I WILL PRAISE THE NAME OF GODWITH A SONG, AND WILL MAGNIFY HIM
WITH THANKSGIVING.
PSALM 23:1 "THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD; I SHALL NOT WANT.
Yesterday as we were on the way home from church winding around my favorite country road I looked up as I always do to see my favorite RED BARN!
But today would be different as at a glance..... I looked up to see a small fence and 3 little sheep jumping through to the other side! I was so EXCITED! It doesn't take much for me to be excited! My daughter and I were jumping for joy at our little treat from God and she said "Oh mom threes your RED BARN!
As we whisked by in a moment; my heart was filled with joy seeing those little sheep jumping and the BIG RED BARN! Then they were gone........ but a memory was still there!
As we drove on into our small town I could see the tiny white lights adorning the pretty green wreaths atop each light post. I could see the Blue and White Christmas tree set next to a military tank honoring our soldiers. I could see the leaves now fallen from most of the trees and the bare black branches setting apart against the crisp blue sky. I could feel the warmth of nearing our home and then the smell of chicken and dumplings cooking in the crock pot as I entered.....
"Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want". ....... This week is Thanksgiving...
I have so many things to be thankful for.
God used those "little sheep" to remind me of HIM and HIS love and care for me. He reminded me that He takes care of me and my family. This week I want to STOP and be thankful in my heart for the dailys of life whatever they may be.......
I pray that HIS love would enter all your homes and you would have a blessed Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
Wishing you a wonderful week of Thanksgiving! :)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!
Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving you and your family! Oh and is that recipe for chicken and dumplings somewhere on your blog, it sounds delicious!!! Let me know, I try and use my crockpot often during these months~
Love,
kelly
A beautiful post! I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. God bless.
Post a Comment