RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, November 20, 2008

THIS AND THAT........SIMPLE "FALL BREAKFAST"

THE TABLE IS SET READY FOR BREAKFAST
MY HUSBAND AND I ALWAYS ENJOY HOT OATMEAL
WITH FRESH BLUEBERRIES FROM THE SUMMER
HE HAS BEEN ENJOYING THESE SIMPLE
"FRIED POTATOES WITH BACON PIECES"
TO GO ALONG SIDE.
ALL IT TAKES IS A FEW RED OR WHITE
POTATOES; SOME ONION; AND A FEW
PIECES OF BACON TO CRUMBLE IN...
YOU MAY USE REGULAR OR TURKEY
BACON. IT ONLY TAKES A FEW PIECES.


I thought I would share "morning breakfast" with you. Most of the time it is "hot oatmeal"with fresh blueberries or cinnamon and healthy butter. Then there is a side of a Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt and about 1 cup of ice cold milk.

Other days I make "fried potatoes" with bacon pieces to add for a side and my husband loves them! They are very simple to make and I find cheaper than the ones you find frozen in the store.

SIMPLE FRIED POTATOES

SERVES 6

4-6 MEDIUM POTATOES
1 ONION SLICED
3-4 PIECES OF BACON (COOKED)
OLIVE OIL

. WASH POTATOES AND STICK THEM WITH A FORK.
PUT IN A MICROWAVE AND COOK 4 MINUTES FOR EVERY POTATO ( SOMETIMES THEY ARE DONE EARLIER)

. MEANWHILE: PUT SOME OLIVE OIL IN THE BOTTOM OF YOUR LARGE SKILLET.
LET IT WARM.

. TAKE POTATOES OUT. AND PUT A COUPLE OF SLICES OF BACON IN MICROWAVE TO COOK. 1 MINUTE FOR EACH PIECE.

. CUT UP POTATOES ON CUTTING BOARD AND PUT IN SKILLET. CUT UP ONION IN SLICES AND ADD TO POTATOES.

. ALLOW POTATOES TO BROWN 1-3 MINUTES ON ONE SIDE. THEN STIR AND COOK 3-4 MINUTES MORE ON THE OTHER SIDE OR UNTIL TENDER AND LIGHT BROWN.

. ADD COOKED BACON LAST. *** MAY ADD SHREDDED CHEESE AT END AND TOSS IN MIXTURE UNTIL CHEESE IS MELTED FOR CHEESY FRIED POTATOES.


HOPE YOU ENJOY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I could eat breakfast food at any meal of the day. :) I saw blueberries on sale yesterday and thought immediately of using them as an oatmeal topper. My hubby is more of a meat-n-potatoes man. :)

Susan B said...

Yum! I love oatmeal with blueberries! My favorite breakfast. Thank you for sharing the potato recipe. I love potatoes too, so does my husband!

Rebekah Tastet said...

I am not a breakfast eater...but I usually eat oatmeal with a banana sliced up on top with a piece of whole wheat toast. However, I love fried potatoes any time of the day or night! Mmm!