
THOUGHTS...................MY WORDS
PROVERBS:18:4 " THE WORDS OF A MAN'S MOUTH ARE AS DEEP WATERS, AND THE WELLSPRING OF WISDOM AS A FLOWING BROOK"
Yesterday, after church I was thinking about how I heard so many good words! The Sunday School lesson was so good. Then the morning and evening sermons were excellent especially the one on "Our Securities in life". I thought of friends I passed by and their kind words. I came away feeling better about myself and stronger in my life. If you ever want to visit our church service you can just click "First Baptist Church" on the sidebar. We have services on Sunday morning; Sunday evening and Wednesday evening.
But........isn't there days when someone may say an unkind word; or a statement of words that drag you down. Someone may be very negative and just waiting to throw their hurt on another
one in their use of words.
Our tongue is a very powerful thing! This is not a new thought and is mentioned many many times in the Bible. But .......because it is mentioned so much it must be trying to tell us to watch it!
As a Christian lady; or even as a wife; mother; grandmother; sister; or friend I want my words to be uplifting and caring. I have probably failed at this many times as I know ; and I have had to learn sometimes to be quiet; to say I am sorry; keep my tongue or my opinion to myself.
Do you know we don't always have to say whats on our minds? ha
Sometimes it gets really hard when a situation prevails itself and someone is being really negative or gossiping about someone else to keep our tongue. But........that's where we get wisdom. Wisdom helps us to discern and what to say. Foolishness says what feels good for ourselves. Gossip hurts others and doesn't really help us.
Here are a few things I have had to learn:
. Keep in Gods word. He will tell you what to say.....
. Learn to look for the "gold glittering" in others and find the good in them.
. If you must say something "take it to God" He always understands!
. Learn to build others with praise! For every negative thing I say to someone I turn it around with 2 praises. I am still learning.
. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you if you struggle in this area.
. We cant all be happy all the time but we can learn to control our words even when were not.
. Little ones will be looking to us.
Just a thought or two on "Words". .....
**** One time at the Christmas holidays ;I bought a cute notepad with a cute little snowman on it.
I went shopping in downtown Chicago with my sisters. I decided to take that little notepad and write down a quick note such as " Thanks for your help today" ; You did a great job helping us". "Have a wonderful holiday" and handed it to all the clerks that we dealt with that day.
It was an unusual thing for me to do that year; but I was surprised at all the happy faces I encountered after that! I had read this idea in a little book years ago. I was glad I had listened to the Holy Spirits leading on this and not my own shyness. What words will you speak today?
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and words...very good post.
Thanks, too, for visiting our blog and leaving us such a wonderful comment.
~Blessings,
Jan
What excellent thoughts! And I love your idea above giving a little note of thanks...
Blessings!
What a wonderful idea!
May I borrow your idea to hand clerks a note - they must feel so unappreciated many times.
What a wonderful post! Words are so important, especially how we say them. Thank you for the reminders. I like your idea of giving notes of thanks. God bless.
Your words are beautiful and wise, thanks for giving us all a refresher!
kelly
Post a Comment