RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, November 13, 2008

RELATIONSHIPS...." STEPPING OUT WITH MY HUBBY"

ABUELOUS RESTAURANT WHERE WE HAD
A WONDERFUL DINNER
CHOCOLATE MOLTEN CAKE FOR
A DELICIOUS DESERT


Yesterday was my husband and my 31st anniversary. When he arrived home late last evening I knew he was tired; rained on; and sick with a cold but......... He said " Were going out like I promised. He went to clean up and look his best for our special evening. I too made sure I was dressed pretty and feminine and smelled extra nice for him.

We went to our favorite place and because of the rain there was hardly anyone there. My husband told our waitress it was our anniversary and she treated us royally! I enjoyed a large steak; load mashed potatoes; beans and enchiladas with ice tea. He ordered an appetizer for us to share too! ( I had so much food I took a box home today to enjoy my lunch)!
The waitress came and asked if we wanted desert! Knowing my hubby is diabetic I declined.
All he had to do was ask me again and show me the Molten Chocolate Cake and I was sold!

We had such a nice time just sitting; talking; laughing and being with each other! No big fanfare this night. Just a night alone and being together......... As we left I noticed the rain had picked up and was coming down really hard. We walked out running to the car and there he stood by my door in the hard rain to open it and allow me to get in! Isn't that LOVE? I have to admit I was laughing trying to gather myself in the car with the little box; my purse; and knowing he was getting soaked. I reached over to unlock his side quickly and we both laughed being soaked and cold! Nutty I know..... but fun!

Love.........commitment/care/ hard work/ selflessness/ loyalty/ seeking others needs/ humbling/ sacrifice..............

What is love to you?

5 comments:

Rebekah Tastet said...

I love Abuelos!! Love to me is sharing the little things of life together...my latest thing I loved doing with my hubby was watching "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" together in bed with his arms around me!

Mishel said...

Happy Anniversary! What a lovely dinner you had and what a guy that your hubby went even though he wasn't feeling well.

I really enjoyed reading your "history" in the last post too.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy, I finally figured out how to blog you.

Sandy

Susan B said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a wonderful dinner, and time with your husband. Thanks for sharing your story in the previous post. Love to me is sharing everyday things with my husband, just spending "life" moments together.

Kelly said...

What a wonderful evening! How special it must have been for the two of you! Happy Anniversary! the cake looks so yummy!

Kelly