RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Sunday, January 24, 2010

LEAD ME WHERE YOU NEED ME............


I have been thinking lately how the Lord seems to lead me along His paths and not always what I had planned........

I remember my sister Barbara last year getting with a group of ladies from their church to go and help another lady from their church who had had a stroke. They took turns and would
bring food; clean her home; or do anything that would needed done as well as caring for her physical needs if necessary. Now I knew my sisters schedule and she was a busy lady involved in many things as well as caring for her family; her home and my mom who now lives with her.
It should be that sometimes we do things even when they are not always convient for us.

Oh sure, it would be easy to say I dont really feel like doing this or that but "Lord lead me
where you want me to go?"Sometimes he may lead you to visit a shut in; make a call to someone to encourage their day; send a nice card or email to someone to let them know you care.....

Lead me ..........Lead me..........Sometimes its hard to know? Sometimes I have thought the
Lord wanted me to do all sorts of things and He quietly nudges me to do something else.
Why? Well, I think that we must learn to be discreet and learn to listen to a need.

Psalm 139:1 "Oh Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, though understandest my thought afar off. 3. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

He knows me ( Nancy)...He knows my heart...He knows I love to serve Him but how do you
know when?

. Know He wants you to care for your family first. **I wouldnt want to run around helping all sorts of people knowing my home was in dissary ; meals not prepared; laundry not done. He wants me to care for my "area" first. ---But you cant use that as an excuse either. I must learn to care for my area's given in the best way possible in order to care for others...

. Know your health; your endurance; your financial abilities. ........Sometimes it may sound easy
to say I can fix a whole meal for someone knowing you and your husband have decided on a budget this year and by doing that it would make things uneasy. Maybe volunteer to send a dessert or a nice card. Maybe your health or age may not be the best and by overdoing it you lack in other areas needed in your life...But you may be able give financially or in other ways...

. Dont expect a thank you for every service. Who are you doing this for? Its not about me but about the one who has been put in your path...........

. Expect a blessing!!!! I have never given or helped someone without receiving a blessing back. I was not asking for one but one came..........

. "Lead me ...Lead me....Lead me.....

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

I like the idea of...maybe you can't make an entire meal so make a dessert. :) We all can do something little! :)