I love holidays and I love simple ways to bring the celebration to life............I remember as a young child the teacher telling us we were to make "valentine boxes" or "bag" to bring to class to put our Valentines in that would be passed out among the students. I dont know why it was such fun putting that box together with construction paper; ribbons; glitter; and glue........ Today........I want my family and granddaughter to also enjoy family celebrations"" so here are a few ideas............CUPCAKES...........so easy. Purchase a box mix; make or buy icing and add the sprinkles..........you can make them pink; cream; or red. And place them on a pretty plate for a special treat!
I know at Christmas I made "truffles".........CHOCOLATE can never go wrong at any celebration............Easy chocolate truffles made up and placed in tiny paper holders (I found mine at the dollar store)........Fun to make and delicious to eat..........
I came across this beautiful blog from "Heather Bullard.com". What great ideas she had. I love the idea of pretty "chocolate kisses" ( watch for sales at CVS) put in a little canning jar ( thrift stores for 25 cents and up) and a little ribbon.
These are simply "little peeps" ( Check at Walgreens sales) put in a cute little cellophane bag tied with a ribbon.............I think this is so sweet.
This idea caught my eye because I love "old vintage linens". I have found them for just a few dollars at thrift stores; antique shops ect.....and ties with pretty twine and a nice note makes a nice little gift. A pretty "linen" tea towel would be a nice treat too!
One more idea I enjoyed was these cute little "sticks" to place in a vase or put to use in "ice tea" for the summertime. Tied with a vintage hankie makes a nice gift.Maybe a bag of homemade or store bought cookies.........a small matchbox covered in pink and white dotted paper and filled with M and M's; maybe a votive candle tied in pretty netting and finished with a ribbon; a basket filled with shreds of pink; green and white and filled with fun homemade goodies then wrapped all in cellophane with a fluffy bow atop............ Whatever you choose ......send it with love.
1 comment:
It is nice that you have ideas for gifts that are not candy or chocolate. For those watching their diets... :)
Post a Comment