RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, January 7, 2010

"STOP AND LISTEN TO MY STILL SMALL VOICE"

Its a very snowy day here with many inches already upon the ground and more to come tonight.........

I had my day planned to attend a ladies meeting nearby; come home and watch my sweetest little granddaughter; and get some things finished at my home......

A kind friend who has a SUV to go through the snow came by and picked me up. We had a great meeting and were able to get so much accomplished. So .........my mind was on the fast-track as I say........I got home and was tending to the needs of my granddaughter.

I thought; we need to prepare lunch; feed her and then try and keep her up until her mom returned from her Dr.'s appointment so they both could then nap.....

I thought it fun to have "chicken nuggets". She thought it was fun to take a small bite and then throw them to our dog or onto the floor........Once; twice; No no I said. " you" must eat these and get strong. I tried a small piece of banana also and into the doggies mouth it went.
She had the wiggle worms.......and finally we got down. I had given her a small amount of ketchup in order to "dip" these little wonders into and this was now squeezed between all of her fingers and on the sides of her ears!

Grandma (me) then proceeded to get out the "wipes" and wipe down her little "paddies" and her face. I always wanted my children to clean up after eating. It was up to me to see that they were.......

I proceeded cleaning up the kitchen and doing some other chores when I looked around
and I see this and that array..........."But I had so many things planned"..........THEN IT HIT ME....


This year I have been really trying to "stop and listen" to what the Lord needs me to do. Not that I can know this every moment but ; you know; instead of plowing through my list of life........I STOP........and went over to sweetest girl and bent down and said " Would you like to rock with grandma?" She quickly ran to get her favorite blanket and little stuffed dog and climbed up into my lap and snuggled. We spent the next 20-30 minutes just snuggling and rocking and singing.......She yawned and I knew it wouldnt be long for her little nap and
in walked her mommy........

I dont regret that "Stop" and spending time with her........Maybe she needed it. Maybe I needed it.................

Sometimes that time may be to sit by my hubby watching a history show; sometimes it may be driving and not saying anything but listening to my daughter tell me about her day; sometimes it may be praying for a friend; or even calling my mom (who is 90) and chatting and laughing about nothing...........

I am glad my days are busy and full but I am thankful for the times I "STOP and listen" to what He has in store.......

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

So glad you got to go to the meeting despite the snow. I love ladies meetings, can't wait for furlough so I can go to some.

Being a grandma must be so much fun. Patience is the key word I think.

Thanks for the reminder to slow down and listen!