When my girls were young we would watch a little video called "Little Women" dated around the 1940's. In the story ; during hard times they had a special breakfast and in that breakfast they had "Popovers"... I had to admit I had never tried one and thought they must be extremely hard to make using yeast; flour; butter ect........But........my daughter told me of a recipe she found for "Fool-Proof Popovers. ....These not only looked VERY EASY but I had all the the ingredients on hand in my pantry. So.............I made chili tonight and POPOVERS!They turned out great and were delicious with some nice butter....
The inside is hollowed out but oh so flaky..........As I have since looked up other popovers I notice that you can make them with vanilla; herbs; or make a nice little "Strawberry Butter" to go with them. I think these may be nice with soups or on a ladies Breakfast Brunch or Luncheon. Popovers..........Easy and Inexpensive Royal Treat!FOOL-PROOF POPOVERS
Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 eggs (room temp or if you forget the warm milk will take care of that)
- 1 cup milk, warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave (should be lukewarm to warm)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions
Special equipment: muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. ******Note below to put muffin tin in the oven for 5 minutes
prior to filling ......
Using a pastry brush, coat 8 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and put the tin in the oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the eggs in a blender until light yellow. Add the warmed milk and blend. Add the flour, salt and remaining melted butter, and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into the warmed muffin tin and return it to the oven to bake until golden, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm. ***********PLEASE NOTE THAT
YOU PUT THEM IN THE OVEN AND DO NOT PEEK UNTIL THEY ARE DONE...MY OVEN RUNS A LITTLE HOT SO I BAKED FOR 33 MINUTES. PERFECT!
ENJOY!
1 comment:
This recipe looks so easy that I think even I could make them! LOL! Very fun!
Post a Comment