RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A YEAR OF PRAISE AND THANKFULNESS..THOUGHTS

ALSERBERRY AND KATY................
Psalm 100: " Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. 2. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 5. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting, and his truth endureth to all generations.


I LOVE new beginnings. I love the start of a New Year! As I read this Psalm early this morning I was reminded once again of the importance of Praise and Thankfulness.......
I am to make a joyful noise unto my God. Joyful is not complaining. Joyful is not "scoffing around".......but no matter how I feel.........Its being joyful..........HOW do you say??

Verse 2 tells us to serve Him with Gladness and singing...........Am I suppose to make that bed; clean that counter; fold the same laundry for the 3rd time this week and be glad about it? It says to "Serve" with gladness so I guess I better try...........When I am doing His work and no matter where it is I am to be glad........... It may be in a home; at a job; or in a place where no one really notices but I know that there is ONE that sees and knows my heart and place..........

Verse 3 reminds me that it is HE that hath made us........Not ourselves.........Uh oh I said to myself this morning. Who is in control? We take our vitamins; exercise; fix our hair; clothes; and schedules but it is HE that hath made us.........He gaves us life and we tend to want to continue that control in every area of our lives...........I have to remind myself to Listen to that still small voice of God in His Word and have Him guide me day by day.......... Do I always always always ..........succeed in this ? No but when I do I am so comforted by His will and not mine.

Verse 4 tells me to enter into his gates with Thanksgiving and praise............and again in the very next verse He says again Be Thankful and bless His name. Why does He have to tell us twice? Because He wants me to remember. When I see my sweet granddaughter do something she is not suppose to I stop and teach her over and over. Why? So she will remember next time and this may help her along her days in her life.............. How? When everything is going wrong? Just begin.......................with one thing at a time. Thank you for my life; for heat; a place to lay my head..............

Verse 5 tells us that the Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations...............I was thinking about my grandmother alot these past few days. Why?? I dont know especially since I never meant her. I know her name was Katy and I have precious old photo of her and my grandfather when they were a young couple. I never knew her because she passed away when she had her 10th child. I do know she loved the Lord and I was thinking this morning and wondering if "Katy" held these words in her hands and thought of generations to come. If she would know her 54 year old granddaughter would hold these same words in her hands and know that the truth endureth to all generations................

I pray this year will be a year of Praise and Thankfulness from my lips to all generations...

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Those are wonderful thoughts and great reminders for the new year!