RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THE EASIEST PIE CRUST EVER.......

A few weeks ago I went to visit my sis in law Linda.........She hosted a wonderful Fall Harvest Get together and had a huge array of desserts for us to enjoy.......

She had made my "Apple Crumb Pie" ; chocolate pie and pumpkin pies.........I said " Just look how beautiful your crust are ...are they homemade?" She said Yes and then gave me this recipe for the easiest pie crust she had ever done.......It was easy and very delicious!

Here is the recipe: Gloria's Pie Crust

5 cups flour
2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Corn Oil
1/2 cup Water

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together then roll out between wax paper with rolling pin.
Place in a 9 inch pie pan and shape accordingly.

Bake: Crust only at 410 for 15 min ( Will need to use fork to place small holes)
Fruit pies: Bake at 410 for 40 min then drop to 350 until filling is cooked
Pumpkin: Bake at 410 for 15 min then drop to 350 until filling is cooked
Pecan: Bake at 350 for 15 min then drop to 300 until filling is cooked

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

OK...after Thanksgiving...I will try this! I am a little scared because I am not a fantastic baker! LOL!