
DOING FOR OTHERS............NAPTIME
I have been so glad to get back home with my husband. I took a little gift to each of my family member to say I thought of you. I told my married daughter I had wished I had been able to purchase something larger for her to use. She said to me " mom if you would just watch baby Ella while I nap that would be worth a million dollars to me!". I laughed and Ella and I had a great bonding time while mama took a much needed and deserved nap!
Isnt it funny how sometimes little things can make others so happy! I know when I was a young mother just a little help with things such as laundry; time out to run errands ( especially is the winter) without taking baby or even a nap meant so much to me.
Sometimes little things an make all the difference in the world to a person. Here are some ideas to make a difference in others lives.:
1. For young parents: offer to take care of little ones so the parents can have a nice date.
2. Offer to care for little ones so the young mother can run errands. This means so much when the weather is cold and blistry.
3. Take a small lunch with you and a young mother to a park in the Spring and enjoy time together on the playyard and talking.
4. My mom didnt live near us when the babies were young. Maybe help a new mother get adjusted at the home with laundry; personal time; and caring for baby.
1. For others: Take someone out to lunch or bring a sack lunch over to their home.
2. Have an encouraging word for someone.
3. If you know someone is overexhausted let them know you care and rest is ok.
4. If your family member is overworked and tired provide a place of rest for them. I know a lady told me once that her and her husband had grueling schedules and on Mondays she would close the blinds and not answer the phones and made their home a refuge for them on that day.
Remember doing little things sometimes can make a big difference in others lives.
3 comments:
Such good advice. I know Becky is glad to have you back. -Marcy
My sister is wonderful for this! She watches our kids for our weekly dates and when I need to run errands. I do the same for her! It is the best thing for young mothers!
-Rebekah
Such good tips!
Post a Comment