First of all, Welcome to my new "Blog" . My son Josh set this up and I think it might be a good thing as I have gleaned from others "blogs". I will just share God and "life" in my corner of the world!
I am a Christian lady who has been married to a wonderful hard working man for 30 years.
We have two married children ; Dan and Becky and now Baby Ella; and Josh and Jenny now moving to Reno, Nevada and Ruthie who works alongside my husband in our family business.
Our family has always worked together in soooo many things. We worked at youth camps; banquets at our church; and if any of the other needed something our "family" was there.
This morning however, our oldest Josh and our sweet daughter-in-law Jenny left to go to Reno, Nevada to serve as Youth Pastor and pianist for a nice church there. We had prayed for Gods will for each of our children for years and of course our hearts were for them to "love God with all their hearts and souls........" and do His will. We are proud of all of our children and their love for God; and hard work and love for family. Just last year alone, my dear husband suffered a
heart attack of sorts and ended up with a 5-by pass surgery. Being the head of our business
required the whole family to step up and take care of many things. But.............. they just did it
and helped for months to care for their Dad and me. Now is back to work and life goes on........
So, today as they left an "empty void" filled our hearts. My husband and I knew Gods will and were at peace at that; but our hearts were filled with memories and the love of our children.
So as we stood waiting outside in the cold winter air; tears burned down the cheeks of both my husband and I . A moment later a car drove up beside us with an older man behind the wheel ; and asked if we were Joshs parents. We said yes, and he said "We are going to miss him and his wife here; they were great people! We will pray for him! We had never seen this man before ; We hugged and knew it was HIs time.
What do we do when "We dont feel like ............. anything! When a loss comes; when we are tired; emotional; sad; angry; a little "blue"; overstressed; or any emtional thing to hit us.
My former pastor gave us a formula for this and I think its a good one.
YOU: 1. Get up
2. Get dressed
3. Do what your suppose to do (work; clean ect...)
4. Do something for someone else.
I like that! And you know what? Thats just what I did. And tomorrow I will do the same thing
and the next day; and the next and the next............. (even if I dont feel like it) and you know what? Soon life will go on............................
1 comment:
praying for you in a special way today my friend!
Post a Comment