
PINK CARNATIONS AND EVERLASTING LOVEMy dad always gave my mom "pink carnations" for special occasions
to show his love. My mom recently came to visit me for a week. Before she came; I purchased some "pink carnations" for her room so she would know the love of us and the love of daddy. She was thrilled with them.
Those little carnations have lasted for 4 weeks! When I normally have fresh flowers they last for maybe a week. But............not these they are going strong. One morning after she left I walked into the kitchen ( where we had moved the flowers) and there they stood; with the sunlight streaming through them and there beauty showing about them.
That was like dad and mom They were married for 69 years until last March when he passed away. Their marriage had up & downs like everyone's, but they were always steadfast. Here are some of the principles that they applied:
1. They looked to please each other in everyday ways.
2. They loved unconditionally
3. They overlooked each other's flaws
4. They were committed through good and bad times.
5. They worked hard ( even if they were tired and weary)
6. They laughed and laughed
There were many other ways I could have told but these are some that have come to mind.
I was "taught" by those "pink carnations"...............What am I doing in my life to show God's love?
In Psalm 51:18 it says " Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem."...................What am I building? In marriage; in family; in others...........
I pray I can do as they did and build an everlasting love.
3 comments:
You certainly are a good testimony of the many good things your mother taught with her life.
You are amazing! What a beautiful tribute to our parents and also to how you seek God to lead your everyday life. You always inspire me.
Dear Friend,
When I read Proverbs (21:5) today; “The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want” - God placed a beautiful name 'Nancy' on my heart!
It is human nature to follow the path of least resistance. In this verse, Solomon assures us that those who are truly diligent will gain an insurmountable advantage over those who are not. Read that verse again, “The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness.”
I am honored to have met and known you for a period of 2 years now. You are very diligent in your approach to your walk with God, your marriage, your children, and your health.
The fact that you are a woman does not make you a different kind of Christian, but the fact that you are an obedient, diligent Christian does make YOU a different kind of woman. For you have accepted God's ideal for you Nancy, and your whole life is an offering back to Him of all that you are and all that He wants you to be. I'm so proud of you :)
And there lays the root cause of your joy - and that tender, merciful spirit you are known by.
I salute you my sweet friend. Your response to the trials in your life has a piercing encouragement and conviction in the souls of many ladies, including myself.
God Bless You Indeed!
Forever Friends :)
Post a Comment