RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

SPRUCE UP MID WINTER BLUES...........

LITTLE THINGS MEAN ALOT


Its a cold January day here; -25 below! This would be a good day to "spruce up" your home and bring in bits of "sunshine"! January does not produce as much sunshine and the winter months can seem to be very long. I love each season and what it produces but I also am a "mover and organizer" as my mom was and tend to "spruce up" in between seasons.
This does not have to be a big overwhelming expensive thing. I remember my son's teacher in second grade teaching them over and over that "little things mean alot". I can apply that to so many things but in decorating its a big help!
Some of the ideas for adding some "sunlight" to these long winter days:
1. Rid out of any visible clutter. Papers, books; too much of any one thing
2. Add a nice color in the form of a pillow for a chair; a throw for a sofa; a tablecloth
3. Think of colors such as apple green; buttercream yellows; reds; or robin egg blues
4. Put a new comforter or sheets on your bed; or reverse comforter ;pillows etc....
5. Move furniture around ( I have always done this) and move items to other rooms
6. Lighten up any room using lemons in a small bowl; a green plant; flowers
7. Put on uplifting Christian music such as "Patch the Pirate" music.
8. Organize one room at a time.

These are just ideas that I have l gleaned through others and use. I don't run out and buy the next "new thing" to decorate. I just mainly use what I have; skim through ideas in library books; or when I do shop I think what is needed and looks for good sales or thrift store buys. I have learned NOT to buy things you DON'T need nor add too much clutter to decorating.
Simple touches in our everyday lives can help bring peace and harmony to our homes!

" Psalm 37:4 " Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your little touches makes it look so fresh & new.