RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, January 25, 2008

Holiday Decorating



I love holidays...........
it gives us a chance to celebrate life! My daughter Becky buys little holiday decorations a year before at 90% off. She has picked up placemats; small signs; and other holiday decorating items. My daughter-in-law Jenny always makes us the most beautiful baskets and packages that look like Pottery Barn to give to others!


Every month can have a holiday and it does not have to be expensive . In fact; other than Christmas I just like simple touches here and there! Today I will talk about decorating...........


This February is Valentines Day! ( my favorite time of year to celebrate love ). I love hearts.

First : I decorate the windows using either "clings" ( dollar store); or pre-cut red cardboard hearts ( hobby store) or this year I purchased a RED posterboard and cut them all out . Cost .50

Second: I decorate the bathrooms. I put out valentine towels; silver heart-shaped soap dish; small tin sign; or whatever you have on hand. This year I went for a hunt around the whole house looking for pink and silver anything and came up with pretty pink hand towels; trays; and small soaps.

Third : I decorate the "dinner table" with Valentine theme. This year I used Spring Tablecloth; pretty dishes; and pretty red votive candles that sit on a black tray ( they were in the living room ha).


Most of our family will not come home and say "Mom you decorated soooo nicely........" but they too will enjoy the little touches of holiday fun.

Be creative and use little lights; candles; tablecoverings; and other items you have and then "Celebrate"!

1 comment:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What good ideas. I need to do more of this.