RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, January 27, 2011

BAKING UP SOME SIMPLE INEXPENSIVE FUN....

Celebrations can be simple and fun....

It seems I use the same "cookie recipe" for all the holidays to bake and cut out shapes of the season.....

Celebrations dont have to cost alot....You can use crepe paper; some balloons; paper plates
with writing on them; "Red poster board .40 cents" to make cut out Valentines for your windows; buy some seasonal items at a thrift store such as Valentine cards; Easter baskets; plastic eggs and grass for a few cents...; choose a theme and pull all the colors you have with that theme.....

Children really enjoy celebrations....we dont have to tell them money is tight and we cannot celebrate....Celebrate the day with whatever you have! Use candlelight and your best dishes for
a special dinner........Celebrate getting good grades; Daddy working so hard; the best mommy...
and make it a memory for them..........

Here is a memory I had with my granddaughter making Valentine cookies.....

BAKING VALENTINE COOKIES WITH "GRANDMA"....WITH LOVE

Yesterday, I planned on making my cut out Valentine Cookies....There is something about baking; the smell of shortbread; and then pink icing with sprinkles that makes you think Valentines......
I use the same recipe for every holiday "Moms Everything Dough" on my sidebar......
The fun begins by mixing butter; eggs; sugar.............all mixed together....I sometimes use a mixer at this point but then
sometimes I mix it by hand with a fork and they turn out fine..............
My granddaughter came along and we put on her apron and I gave her a little bowl with her own flour; stir; mix; pour out and ( I think she even added the pepper that was sitting on the counter nearby!) and before you know it she had flour head to toe.........But we were having FUN!
There is something simple; traditional about mixing flour; sugar; eggs; in a large white bowl ; following my mother; her mother; and her mother before her................
Memories that will sustain through the years.........Love that pours out between a grandchild and her grandma.............Precious times I will not forget................
Standing on the back of a chair ; up to the countertops; matching aprons; Sprinkles to put over the cookies; simple FUN........and oh so good...............

I love cut out cookies................I love to purchase a "Design Shape" to use for about $1 and make so much fun out of it!!!................
Little hands...........precious hands ; pink frosting.................and Sprinkles of heart shapes in red; pink; and creams......................
Even when they "stick" all over everything............................
We made trays and trays of these and then Grandma set the trays on the front porch to cool
and let the cookie set up.................
I put some in "little baggies" to take to my ladies meeting next week for a treat to all...........
and the rest..........."Oh they are half gone from guests who came by that evening and
Sweetest Girl and I enjoying some together.

Proverbs 31: 31 "Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

3 comments:

JeanMac said...

Lovely.

Rebekah Tastet said...

I will have to do some Valentine cookies with my girls. :)

Kimallen said...

aww what a great idea. I'm going to bake cookies with my little guys. Thank you for the wonderful idea