RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, January 6, 2011

SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...........

Everyone has their favorite things.....I thought I would share a few .....I really dont like clutter or too much nick nacks but I have one hutch in which I keep some of my favorite things upon.... Here are a few reminders of those I love......a place in which brings me joy when I think of them... I love blue and white dishes. Old ones from the 40's even with little chips...Here is a little cup I found at a flea market for a few cents..it holds some dried roses from flowers given by my hubby...

" Psalm 104: 33 "I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being".

These things make me sing....
This little bunny has been on here before......( my granddaughter loves to hold it) My husband bought this on one anniversary trip..I just love him.....(picture of my dad when a young boy in background)
This was my dads....I dont know where he got it actually but I know my dad always wore his wing tipped shoes and polished them up until they had a real shine...I loved that! Found this little plate for .25 years ago. I have served many cookies on this..... I used to collect old children s books......I loved the front covers and could just see a young girl enjoying Little Women....my children grew up with some of these to read.... Rose in Bloom.........(dont you love the names....) This sweet little angel came to me for Christmas from my sister Phyllis in a box filled with fun things....I had to put her on top of the hutch beside the clock.......... This little doll is my reminder of my sister Kay who went to heaven with cancer many years ago...She told me "not to forget her"and I dont...in every laugh..She brought laughter and joy to so many and became a nurse late in her life.....she was wonderful!...This little white doll came from my sister Joyce....She quietly sits peacefully I think.... Birds always remind me of my mom....She loved nature and I do too...I also have their pictures on my hutch to remember sweet memories............ I love touches of a small flower; fluer de les ; small old paperweights...
My sister Barbara gave me this iron girl ...I loved her because she had a tiny bird on the end of her toe...........behind that is a small flower vase that used to sit on my mothers dresser; and a glass penguin that my mom kept in her hutch....
I got this Globel from my aunt Eula when I was about 5. She had it for many years.....I just love how she looks at her dolly ...(like a mother and child) I found this "old printing metal press" of the song "When the Roll is called up Yonder" many years ago at an estate sale for a few dollars...I just love how it may have printed an old songbook that someone may have used in church...........
I had this sitting on my hutch since Christmas but I kept it there because it reminds me of my dad ( I think someone bought it for him)...He loved to fish at the pond out back of his home.

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

I love old children books! :)