RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

LEAVING A LEGACY............


Last week I was able to take a little road trip with my hubby to help him with a job he had to do....It was quit fun stopping at Bob Evans for a delicious breakfast and enjoying the beautiful countryside along the way......we then stopped by my sisters home to spend the night and I ended up spending some time with her for a few days .........

I love her home. It sits in the woods and with the pretty snow it was like being tucked away
in a little nest......While there she and I decided that we needed to work on going through my
mom and dads things that had been put away in boxes . Dad went to heaven a few years ago
and mom this June....

How I could just picture her sitting on the back screened in porch listening to her favorite birds...She knew all the names and sounds and we all spent many great times having lunch and
laughing and enjoying those birds.....

So began the great task of digging in a life..............A legacy of whats left behind.....My sister
thought it was good to take boxes and divided the little things they had left among my siblings.
We prayed and thought through what each person would enjoy from our parents. Most things
wouldnt bring great monetary gain but they were memories of their life..........

As I would take each piece and carefully wrap in bubblewrap and place in each box it seemed
years of a life were pouring out of me....until I was exhausted...memories of a life now simplified into pieces......but a life left behind of love; kindness; forgiveness; strength; joy; others.....

It seemed hard to take each item and know where it would go.......so I decided to go on to sleep at 2 am.....The next morning as I was reading my Bible I was reading in Exodus 18 about Moses...Moses father in law had come to visit him and saw how he was overburdened with some things in his life....so he told him...."Exodus 18: 18 Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee; for this thing is too heavy for thee: thou art not able to perform it thyself alone. verse 19: Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to Godward, that thou mayest bring the causes to God.:

Oh.........I was suppose to do this small thing of sorting through the things left behind...
and God would take care of who needed what.......Thank you God for showing me the way.....

Many memories flooded through me through the week.......of how important my legacy is for those I love.......Will someone take a large bowl and remember the delicious mashed potatoes that were served for a supper?............Will someone look at your cards or notes and see your writing and your words of goodness?................Will a favorite perfume or pretty powder strike
a memory of someone who brought kindness and love to those around her?.................

I am glad for this time in my life..........A season to enjoy my husband more.......my grown children and their mates..........my grandchildren.............A day of importance each day............
Gods path.........His purpose.............A legacy..............left behind.

2 comments:

Julie Fink said...

Love You Nancy!

Rebekah Tastet said...

I can think of so many memories of my grandmas when I read this... :)