Like so many others I have tried to get back to eating healthier............My husband is a heart patient and I have my own set of health issues so it will help us both to eat better.....The thing is; we both enjoy grew up with the Mayberry "Aunt Bea" kind of food.........You know where you sit at a pretty table and eat good food and enjoy each other..........Now that we are in our 50's our bodies need different fuels...
I know the foods I should eat .......but needed more help....I called my sis in law......and she spent over an hour with me teaching me so many good things.....She is a wife; mother and used to be a nurse. She takes good care of herself and her family......She knows a man doesnt need a tiny piece of chicken and a carrot stick with greens to be full.......I will share more later........
I also need to do this within a budget ......so First thing was I went to the grocery and found a
great sale on Chicken Breast....I came home and cut them in half lengthwise and grilled them on
my George Forman grill..........( I got this for $2 during the summer at a tag sale) I placed them in
ziplock baggies and labeled the quantity.........
My husband loves pork chops.......we found these boneless chops at a great price and I decided
to bake these and use this recipe. I dont know where I saw it I just put it together and he seems to love it.......and isnt that what its all about ........having him enjoy his meals! I dont think eating
healthy or inexpensive has to be a cardboard pizza from the store......(that may ok in a pinch)
but it should be an enjoyable time for yourself and your tummy!
Apricot Baked Porkchops
Serves 6
6-8 lean porkchops
Smuckers Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
salt and pepper
1 onion sliced in rings.....
1-2 T olive oil
. Season Chops Then Brown the chops on both sides
. Place in a 9 x 13 ( may need two if you have several)
. Add 1/2 cup water in bottom on dish
. Place rings of onions on top of chops....makes the house smell great!
Bake 350.......for about an hour.....
** May serve with baked sweet potatoes and fresh green beans sauteed in little olive oil....
1 comment:
It is encouraging to see older people taking the time to take care of themselves. Love you!
Post a Comment