RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, January 31, 2011

I LOVE MONDAYS......WHERE IS MY VALENTINE?

I love Mondays....The beginning of a new week after a great Sunday message from church...
A day of renewal each and every week.........

The days until Valentines Day are counting down and I cant help but think of Valentines Day....
Where is my Valentine? My Valentine and I meant over 30 years ago in high school homeroom...This past week I was rummaging through some "old pictures" my mom had kept and now I had the privilege to bring home with me....One photo was a "snapshot' of a young
couple with their arms wrapped around each other standing by their little car that had a sign
that said "Just Married".........That couple was my husband and I.....

We have changed some I guess ha ha ; but in our hearts we are still that young couple from many years ago..... I remember writing out own vows yet making promises to stand by; honor; love and cherish through sickness and through health.....

Some may say.........well I dont have a Valentine......in fact.......I dont have much of a husband
and my children dont talk to me..........

As a young bride and wife I thought that as I rode off in the sunset ...........He would heal and meet all my needs....After all wasnt he my knight and shining armor...? Wasnt he the Prince Charming and I Cinderella? ..........Wasnt he the groom sitting atop the beautifully decorated wedding cake?..............That wasnt even fair to think that.........but I think I did many times...

God knew all the time I needed to depend on Him........His love I needed for strength ; purpose; caring; and to love my Valentine.............

I am so blessed that after these many years I am now more "in love and respect" for that Valentine that God sent to me these many years ago..........

Perhaps.........your Valentine has lost its glitter........The light has dimmed to a dull shine....
Maybe "circumstances" have clouded your path..............Ask God to "renew" your love for your Valentine..........

. Read good books on marriage
. Save every letter or card he gives to you (even if he forgets to sign them)
. Go to marriage retreats
. Remember the young women he dated ( take a look in the mirror and see if she is still there ...maybe a little fresh make up; nice hair cut.......weight loss could make him and yourself feel better)
. God knew You were the one who would "love " him more than anyone else......
. Dont wait for all your needs to be meant ....love him; respect him; honor him and do it unconditionally.....love him for who he is....
. Do fun things such as walk hand in hand; fix his favorite meal (not always yours); put his favorite snack by the chair he favors to enjoy; rub in shoulders after a long day at work;
laugh with him and his jokes; Be his Valentine!
. Purchase a Valentine card ; maybe two or three and send them in the mail or leave them in a special spot for him......Be a Valentine without expecting anything in return....

These days it seems that the importance of marriage or teaching your children gets put on the back burner with bigger things...But these things are big! They are your life. They are you legacy. They are what you are passing onto the next generation............So its up to me to educate myself and study on the subject of marriage and love.......*Journal for Women has great studies on marriage. (on my sidebar)

Where is your Valentine? Love Mondays....love new beginnings.........love your Valentine again this year.........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful and sweet post. It was an encouragement to me.

jeanmac said...

What a great picture. Forever love, a rarity these days.

Rebekah Tastet said...

Love you!

Trish said...

Beautiful post, Nancy! It's been such a long time since I've been able to visit my friend's blogs, and I realized today how much I've missed your encouraging words :-) You are such a blessing. Every time I pull my pretty blue cups out of the cupboard, I think of you and your thoughtfulness, and I'm grateful.