RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, January 3, 2011

I LOVE MONDAYS.........GETTING BACK ON TRACK...A RECIPE FOR LEMON CHICKEN

I love Mondays...I love it because it comes after Sunday where a great message was given to
help us along through each day......
My husband and I have started trying to get back on track after the holidays of eating so many goodies and delicious foods.....But I ddnt want to go back to eating a 'carrot stick' or a iceburg lettuce salad .......I want my meals to look appealing; smell delicious and be filling ....
I may be asking for alot but this is important for my husbands health and mine as well and why not do your best at even eating well.........
So........our Saturday meal . Lemon Chicken. I have made this many times since the Fall but this is with some simple changes.......
** My cameras lighting was off abit....oh well.......
So I threw on my apron and went to work..............I love collecting various old aprons and the Vera Bradley ones my daughter has given me......they make it feel like working in the kitchen.
I had "two" chicken breast since I was making this for two. I would do more if I was serving more.....So......I put them in a ziplock and pound pound pounded them them...This is a great workout for you....
I then used just a "smiggen" of flour (maybe 2Tablespoon) to lightly dust.....
I then put them in a "hot skillet of about 2-3 T of Olive Oil..........I would brown them on both
sides about 4 minutes our until brown.....I then take them out and place them on a plate to set aside.........
I took out my one lemon.......(its really an inexpensive dish as well)..................and squeezed
this into my skillet..............
I also add..........About 1 T Smart Balance (no butter today)........and about 1 cup chickenbroth
and bring to a boil......I set it back to simmer and add back the browned chicken....Now I cook on about medium heat.......the whole thing and let the sauce reduce to about half and abit thicker...
I might add 1 more T Smart Balance to give it a glaze.........I taste test the broth ..
When I say "Ummm delish" I know its ready......

I served it with two twice baked potatoes; and Green Giant mixed carrot; cauliflower; broccoli with light butter sauce frozen veggies.....(my hubby had picked these out and they were delicious!

Low-Fat Lemon Chicken

Chicken Breast ( thin or pounded thin)
Flour
1 Lemon
Olive Oil
Chicken Broth 1 C
Smart Balance
Salt and Pepper

1. Pound Chicken Breast Thin
2. Dip in light flour and brown on both sides (about 4 minutes each)
3. Take chicken out and put aside on plate
4. Add chicken broth; lemon juice; salt and pepper; Smart Balance 1-2 T
5. Add chicken back in and simmer (medium) for about 20 minutes....
6. Serve with sauce over it.....