RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, January 26, 2008

COMPANYS COMING...................

COMPANY'S COMING, WHAT TO FIX???

I found out yesterday that we are having family come to visit today. I thought right away; What to fix? I had my list of meals but not enough to feed 8 or more people. Then I thought right away of a recipe I have fallen on many times when the need called for.
So............here is a recipe for Aunt Carol's PeppSandwiches and for a large side, Jenny's Pasta Salad.

Aunt Carol's Pepperchini Sandwiches

1 large roast 6-7 lbs
1 jar of mild or hot pepperchinis
8-10 whole wheat buns or hogie rolls
Directions:
1. Put roast and jar ( plus juice) into crock pot.
2. Cook on low all day or high about 5 hours.
4. Serve in buns with condiments

Jenny's Pasta Salad
1 box of rainbow pasta
1 large bottle of Italian dressing
1 med block of cheddar ( or your choice) cheese
1/4 or less of turkey or regular pepperoni
1 pint of grape tomatoes ( opt)
1 red or green pepper sliced thin
1 small green onion ( opt)
Directions:
1. Boil pasta; drain and cool.
2. Add almost all dressing ( I save some to add later)
3. Add rest of items

That's it. You may add other sides if you wish.
If guest come early you may have a cheeseball and crackers to serve . * To decorate cheeseball plate you may add fresh parsley .50 around the cheeseball for a nice look. ( my sister Barbara's idea!)

4 comments:

Becky said...

I always love those sandwiches & pasta salad. It was so delicious tonight!!:)

Anonymous said...

alright here I am reading the blob again (as mom calls it!)

Cute picture- just like your house right Betty? ha

FYI- the peppercini recipe is from MaryLou Cooper not Aunt Carol- didn't know if you knew that or not.

Love, your sis

Nancy M. said...

Thanks sis! Aunt Carol is a wonderful cook as well. But I thank MaryLou Cooper today for that delish peppercini recipe!!
Love you, nancy

sherry said...

I'm a first time visitor to your blog - tip*toe'd over from your post on my blog. Scanned your sidebar and saw a link for this recipe. For pity sake's alive I'm in heaven. I **have** to make this! Thank you!!!

jAne
tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com