DECORATING WITH PILLOWS................How can a person do a whole blog on pillows?? ha This is my sister Phyllis's beautiful sunroom.
Uncle Jay and her decided to have this little room all enclosed last year so they could enjoy the outdoors inside all year long. What a great idea! She just sent this picture to me showing me how little things make a difference when she bought this cute green and yellow pillow!
I love pillows! Pillows can be pretty on a sofa; make someone cuddle-up to and read a book; or can make a small chair look important in a corner. Pillows can add dimension to a nice bed by stacking them in front of each other. Extra large pillows can be stored in a corner to be used by children to lie on the floor in a family room. I have seen pillows priced inexpensively to a hundred dollars. Where can you get some nice pillows for your home?
1. You can purchase clean ; classic ones at the thrift store or tag sales. * make sure they are what you really want or saving money is a waste.
2. You can find sales at Kohls; Target or Walmart; or even Old Time Pottery
3. A small pillow can add alot to a chair or small sofa *Think Spring:)
4. You can purchase material ( I have even found Ralph Lauren material at the thrift store)
and cover a pillow form. You may add a button or ribbon.
Decorating you home is Your style. It doesnt have to be a "showpiece" but always pleasant
and comfortable.
3 comments:
I started a file for all your useful info. That way I can go back to it. My husband thinks we should invest in a cotton plant because I love pillows. -Marcy
Im so glad you can use it! Thank you for all your kind comments.
You keep me laughing also!
Mrs.M
I love your accents with pillows. You do such a great job of decorating with those "special" touches!
Post a Comment