
PERSONAL CARE............MAKE UP
I grew up with 4 sisters ( one now in heaven) and one brother. All of my sisters loved make up and as I grew older they promptly set me down and helped me learn about skin care and make up. In fact , my one sister Joyce, is a make up artist and very good. She has worked for companies such as Chanel; Estee Lauder; and Lancome. When I was a young woman I use to think I really didnt have time to take care of such things as my skin and all that went with it.
But now at age 51 I know it is important! Still to this day when my sisters and I all get together we still ask my sister Joyce questions about our make up and skin care! There are times when we were able to meet in Chicago together and we end up at a make up counter ; laughing and getting our faces done!
I know this may sound vain; but I do think its important to do our best with what we have.
My husband doesnt care for too much make up that gives that "pasty clown" look ; but I think if we learn how and what we need that it can enchance what we have!
Here are some tips I have learned about make up and skin care from my sister Joyce;
** I have asked her for some inexpensive and affordable tips and items.
1. Always clean your skin with a cleanser. ( When I was young I could use Dove but now a little cleanser goes a long way...) She liked "Loreal" cleansers. Buy at Walmart.
2. Use a toner; and a moisturizer ( a small dab) all over. Again "Loreal" . Find for your skin type. Dry; oily; or mixture. Buy at Walmart.
3. Concealor- I use to think what is this really for? Until I turned 40. I use this in a small dab right under the eye ( not to look white); and blend and blend. "Loreal" at Walmart.
Sometimes I have found specials on the end caps of the isle where they had concealor and base make up at a special price.
4. Make-up base- Find a color closest to your skin on your wrist if in a discount store otherwise; go to a dept store and have a "make-over" down at a cosmetic counter and use the colors they show best on your skin. Also be sure to use your skin type. "Loreal" Walmart.
5. Blush- Use a soft blend upward on cheeks. Stick with a blend of blush to look natural. "Loreal"
6. Eyes- Use a natural color for your skin tone such as soft plum; wheat; or taupes. Using blues; icy pinks; bright greens do not always work for everyone. "Loreal"
7. Eye liner- Purchase a soft pencil ( brown; black; taupe) to line the eye on top very simply and blending to not look harsh.
8. Mascara- Use brown or black and do upper and lower lashes. You may use an "eye-lash"curler. "Loreal mascara"
9. Powder- Use Translusent or AirSpun. I like Coty. Walgreens. This is to softly set your face.
10. Blend- This is the last tip she gave. To always blend; blend whatever you apply.
You may have allergies to certain cosmetics so you may have to go to a place like Clinique at the dept store to help you with this. Whatever you choose to do; remember it is to add to what you already have.. I have met some ladies who wanted to wear make-up but they just didnt know how. Ask for help.:) Enjoy!
1 comment:
Good hints. I just put cleanser on my grocery list. -Marcy
Post a Comment