HOLIDAYS....ST. PATRICKS DAYIts almost March! I think "Spring" may be around the corner as we sit with 10"of snow!
The next holiday is St. Paddie's day as some call it. I have to admit I don't usually do alot of decorating for this holiday except maybe wear "green" that day if I remember.
My husband loves history and so do I. We watched a little program on "Chicago's history" and how it was built. I was taken back at the hard times and work others endured so we could enjoy this beautiful city. In fact, the Irish came and worked and toiled to build canals for days and weeks at a time with poverish wages and housing. But they endured and worked together along with their families and finished the work to produce the now end product of Chicago.
That gave me a "new appreciation" for the Irish and their celebrations of endurance! Every year in Chicago , in honor of this day they "dye" the river green. I have also heard the story of how there is a certain family that has been in charge of this project for many years!
This year in celebration of families that have endured and worked togther for a cause my decorating will include a little green! ha
Here are a few ideas I have to celebrate:
~~Have a "green milkshake at Mc'ds
- Set a "special green table" for the day with paper napkins; plates; and green tea lights
- Cut strips of green and white construction paper and make a chain to hang up
- Make shamrock cupcakes
Have fun and make it a celebration of fun for you and your family.
1 comment:
You have inspired me-it snowed a few inches today and I'm freezing. I think I'll go to McD's and get a Shamrock shake. I do love those. I have one hand towel with a shamrock on it and it is festive indeed. -Marcy
Post a Comment