

PERSONAL CARE...............HAIR CARE
It is surprising how important it is to me to have my hair "do right". I have a dear friend who use to say to others........... "I always pray for my husband, my health, and my hair"! I would laugh with her knowing her hair always looked so nice to me. But ..............it can be true!
I have grown my hair long; cut it shorter; permed it; blown dry it; curled it with rollers and curling irons; and worked with it for years! At this time in my life ( age 51) I have grown it down past my shoulders ( my husband really likes this) and its the easiest style I have ever had.
Why I wondered? What is the difference that I have done? One of the things I did was learn to go with what your hair naturally does. My hair is almost stick straight. *Notice I said "almost"
so I couldnt just wear it straight. But I ended up having it cut into longer layers so now a quick curling iron and a little spray takes care of it. Or I can pull it back into a neat classic pony for a casual or everyday style.
I have also changed my diet and now eat healthier and exercise which means: My hair is happier with me now! ha. Plus, I keep the "color" up better because I do it myself. This might not work for everyone but for me its easy and inexpensive. I use Revlon and get the color closest to my own color. My youngest daughter helps me with this or if she is not available I can quickly fix it. Hair style; color; or how you wear it is up to your own personal care, but I have a few tips that someone shared with me that might help you to enjoy lovely locks.............
Beauty Food for your Hair
1. Protein- eggs, meat; fish; dairy
2. Iron- dark greens and whole grains
3. Omega 3- flaxseeds; nuts
4. Silica- celery; cabbaage; steel-cut oats
5. Vitamins A, C, and E - carrots; berries; almonds; avocados
Hair Tips:
1. Keep it clean; ( as you get older try using a better shampoo/conditioner)
2. Find a style for your kind of hair that works well.
3. Find a sylist that cuts and trims well. * I spend a little more on this for a good cut.
4. Try headbands ( or not ha); pretty clips that sparkle or if you have to wear it back alot try simple items for pull-back styles.
5. If you use color and dont know much about what to do : ask an expert or someone you trust. Dont just put it on and have it turn green! (Anne of Green Gables):)
6. Remember: Next time you have a bad hair day; my mom told me: " Its what's inside that really counts!"
No comments:
Post a Comment