RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, February 25, 2008

THOUGHTS............ONE MOMENT AT A TIME



THOUGHTS........ONE MOMENT AT A TIME
This last week my husband brought me home these beautiful flowers! I loved them!!!
But the reason I loved them so much was the thought behind them. You see my husband had left early that morning around 6 am and had worked hard all day and traveled to Chicago and back 2 -3 times that day. He came home around 7 pm with a small bag of groceries in hand and hanging down by his side were the flowers! I loved that moment and thanked him for his care.
But you see, I know all "moments" are not flowers and candy. In fact, most of "life's" dealings are with the "dailys" of life. I have talked with others that have said "What will I do?"; or how do I even go on?". I am not a expert in solving anyone's problems but I do know what I went through and how God took me through them. He took me "one moment at a time"!
Last year, when my husband was in the hospital for a month; months of healing; and going through the death of my daddy and his dad and other things all at the same time were happening I just stopped and took a breath and prayed. And then came grace............... Grace to take a "moment at a time".
I wanted to take all the problems in at one time and solve them. I like to solve problems! ha
But......... I needed to concentrate and take the problem at hand and focus on what needed to be done that day; that hour; or that moment!
There are friends that I know are going through cancer treatments; financial setbacks; marriage problems; and other trials. These problems can seem overwhelming at the time but if you divide them into moments they can seem so much smaller.
Here are a few ideas to help you enjoy "one moment at a time"
  1. Give your day to the Lord and then change what you can then let God take care of the rest!
  2. Buy a notebook and list the problems that need tackled. Sometimes they look better on paper.
  3. Don't go tell everyone your problems. This is hard but take it to God then choose a wise lady who could encourage you.
  4. Plan out your day as much as possible and put in positive things to enjoy that day.
  5. Dont be a "chicken little" and run around telling yourself "The sky is falling"........
  6. Learn to find the "best" of the situation.
  7. Claim a verse in the Bible! Pray even if you don't feel like it and tell God you don't feel like it!
  8. Get rest if possible and try to eat healthy. If you eat that whole bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough will it really help later? Eat a big spoonful if you must then laugh!!
  9. Treasure "moments" in time as God may be showing you something very special.
  10. Sometimes things are tough. Cry if you must then wash you face and get back up!

I will treasure "moments" when my husband brings me home "flowers" or buys me my favorite coffee; or prays with me; or anytime days are happy and peaceful. But I know "life" can change at any moment. When that happens I pray I can take "one moment at a time".

2 comments:

Deborah Choma said...

I see something of God each hour of the twenty-four, and each moment from then on...

And, one of my sweetest moments upon arrival in America, was to meet Nancy Musser - a lady who possesses the willingness to learn from each moment.

'God Bless You' dear friend; for your tireless spirit, and precious friendship. I love you - Deborah Choma

Anonymous said...

This is encouraging today-even you posted it a few days ago. -Marcy