
PERSONAL CARE.........." OUR WORDS"
I came across this verse this week; "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." I remember when I had this little verse printed on a 3x5 card and stuck above my kitchen sink. I don't remember why I put that verse there but I do remember many times washing my dishes and glancing up and seeing that verse!
I don't consider myself to have trouble with "words" to others but you know what God knows are hearts and he knew mine and knew I needed to be reminded to heed to my "words". Why would I put "words" in my "personal care" list for this week and not things like "keeping up your nails; using lotions; or any other personal item. I guess, I thought this is just as important to our "personal care" in our lives.
"Words" can be so uplifting. Words can hurt. Words can encourage. But sometimes its so hard to say "the right thing" when we want to say what we feel. I can see how this verse as well as others can teach us to "do" the right thing even when we don't "feel" like it! We use words so much in our everyday lives. We talk to our loved ones each day; we talk on our house phones and cell phones; we send emails and even "blog". What are we doing with our words?
Here are a few things that I need to help me remember my "words"
- Stop and think before I speak
- Help me to find "the good" in someone
- Sometimes I don't have to say anything at all. * Not when were mad (ha)
- Learn from our mistakes
- Praise
- Think...have I made someone feel better or worse about themselves today
This is an everyday learning experience for me. I have to constantly remind myself of these things. I will probably fail many times but I hope those who's lives I come in contact with will be uplifted with my "words" and that their lives would be blessed.
2 comments:
I love your topic today, it is so beautiful. I love you mom
The harp music is beautiful. Thanks for the good reminders. -Marcy
Post a Comment