RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Sunday, February 17, 2008

IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES ...........TO SMILE



IT ONLY TAKE A FEW MINUTES ....TO GIVE A SMILE


The other day I was out grocery shopping. As I was looking down at the "roast on sale" for Sunday's supper, I noticed another cart right in front of me with a nice lady shopping for a roast also. All of a sudden she bumped her coffee and it went flying all over the place but mostly on the floor............ I spoke up with a smile and said" I hate when that happens" and tried to make her smile but she had no time for that. She huffed and went moving on leaving her "accident" on the floor for someone to pick up. I thought: "She must not be nice; not even a Smile!:)" As I went on about my way; I felt the Lord saying that she might have had a bad day and that coffee was the last straw in her life.! Whatever it was for, I was glad that someone had taught me to "take a few moments and give her a smile:)".


It's funny how hard that is for some! It only takes a few muscles and turned upright and there it is a Smile! The picture I have used today was taken from a lady and her child from a country near China. I can see her smile and joy within her soul although she lives in adverse circumstances.

I enjoy writing to our lady missionaries who are serving in foreign countries with their husband and children. Sometimes its only a line or two . Sometimes it is just putting my name on a birthday card and sending that. I want that smile to travel its way to their homes and into their hearts and lives. Smiles travel for miles!!!!!


I know sometimes our lives get in a hurry; we have our own set of troubles and things to do but I believe a smile can even make or break someone's day. Our pastor's wife and my Sunday school teacher's wife always have a smile for me. I know that sounds so selfish but its a real and sincere smile that makes me feel good inside.


Look around you in this world. Is there an older woman sitting on that bench near the store?
Give her a smile. Is there a little child that is acting up for a mother in the Drs office? Give that child a smile. Is there a shy withdrawn lady standing outside of the circle of ladies that you are talking with? Give her a smile. I really don't think we are doing every else a favor by giving a "pretend" smile but I know we are giving our heart and God's heart to someone who like in this picture gives so much more back to you!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What an encouraging post. And by the way, thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Hope to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a smile just sends me on my way happier too. Thank you for the good reminder. -Marcy