RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, June 21, 2008

***EXTRA .....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BECKY JOY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY JOY



This is an extra Happy Birthday ( fellow blogger) for her Birthday today!!!
I am proud of all my children in different ways. I love them each in their own special ways.
But today I am thankful for Rebecca Joy!

When Becky was born she was 10.1. But : oh my was she a sweet; cute little girl!! Her daddy and I were so excited and everything was PINK! Becky was a quiet baby who was content with playing quietly with her things. Then one evening she began to fuss and fuss . I noticed she was very warm and when I took her temperature she was about 102 degrees. We called her Dr. and took her to the clinic that night. After a time of waiting the Dr checked her out and said she had the summer flu and to take her home and give her some fever medicine. I did just that!
My husbands parents had come into town to visit that afternoon and little Becky just wasn't getting better and the crying increased. My sweet mother-in-law coaxed me to call again the Dr.
We went back that very next morning. I prayed that something could help my sweet baby.
This time I had a different Dr and he immediately had her taken to the next room for a spinal tap. Through a series of test we found out she had meningitis and she was taken directly to the hospital. I called my in laws who were staying with our older 2 year old son and my husband out of town.

He came quickly and finally saw her all hooked up to tubes; etc... and in quarantine. We sat vigil by our sweet little girls bedside for days until her fever left her. God gave us a precious time and a healing time. They told us she could have brain damage or other as she grew older.

Days; months; years went by. School came. A pluses came. After graduation from Jr. High she had gotten one B. High school came with A's and B's also. Her spirit was that of joy! Her mind of clarity. Bible college came and she became a teacher. She meant my dear son-in-law and now is mommy to our newest little granddaughter.

Happy Happy Birthday! God given and used. Blessed by Him. Blessing to us! Thank you for being you our sweet little girl of whom we are so proud!

5 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Happy Birthday Becky. What a wonderful young lady you are!

Rebekah Tastet said...

I agree! Becky is a great girl! Tell her Happy Birthday from the Tastets!
Love, Rebekah

Kelli said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Becky!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

I am very thankful for the wonderful daughter you raised. We have the wackiest memories together. -Marcy

Trish said...

Happy Birthday Becky!