RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, June 19, 2008

SUMMER SCHEDULE.....THE FRONT PORCH


SUMMER SCHEDULE.......THE FRONT PORCH

Part of my summer routine this summer has been sitting out on my front porch!!
I love a porch ; whether screened in ( like my sisters facing her pool and beautiful backyard and beautiful flowers); or a simple bench or a beautiful veranda with rockers and soft pillows and and swing!

Porches remind me of the days gone by where life was slower and people sat and talked in the end of a day. I can remember swinging on my friend Robins porch sipping pink lemonade watching our children play in the yard as we talked and laughed about life. She now lives far away but it is a good memory.

I can remember my husband and I staying at a nice hotel where we sat in large white rocker and we enjoyed a great dessert on a large veranda that wrapped around the whole front of the hotel. We were young and so in love ( still are!) and that's a good memory! I remember sitting on a back porch where my mom and dad lived sitting in the swing listening to dads low strong voice tell a story to us all while in the background a pond would spray a fountain into the air and ducks would be floating along their merry way across the pond! That was a sweet memory that was!

My porch is simple. Some hanging baskets. Two chairs. A place to hold cold ice tea. A book or two to sit and read. A lantern to light and sit among the stars at night. A place for memories.
My husband; our granddaughter; friends that stop by and an occasional chipmunk bring their lives onto the "porch" this summer of 2008.

What is your special "porch" this summer?


3 comments:

Kelli said...

What a wonderful post, Nancy! I love the back porch and we spend a lot of time relaxing. When my family was here, we sat out there every morning and evening.
~Kelli

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What a sweet idea! I know that my husband loves sitting on our deck ~ it is very relaxing to him.

Rebekah Tastet said...

I love sitting outside. Even though our porch right now is not fancy - my father-in-law did it :) I still love sitting outside morning, afternoon and evenings!
-Rebekah