RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, June 23, 2008

THOUGHTS.......YOUR PURPOSE

MY HUSBAND AND I AND OUR GRANDDAUGHTER

MY SON-IN-LAW ; GRANDDAUGHTER WATCHING ONE OF THE BASEBALL GAMES
MY HUSBAND UMPIRING A GAME
THE BIG GAME

MY GRANDDAUGHTER ENJOYING HER GRANDPA'S BASEBALL AFTER A GAME


Our Pastor spoke on your purpose in life and how important it is for God. I was thinking about that after the service and thought to myself how easy it is to get away from our purpose each and every day. So many things come into our days to take us away from "where we are to be".
As a mother a simple phone call can draw us away from keeping our "eyes" on the things at hand with our children. Our purpose to love; train; and teach those that God has given. Now the phone call itself isn't bad but being on it for extra long periods of time and using it to give out or receive information that doesn't help us to grow and encourage ourselves or others takes us away.

My little world and its purpose can be quite different from another friend who lives in another state. God has His ways in where He wants me to be. Isn't that wonderful that He picked YOU to be where you are to encourage that ONE person in your little world.

I have been married for 30 years. I know that my main purpose is that man who God has given to me. So it is with the "baseball pictures". I try and be at every game that he umpires this summer. Is that a "BIG" thing? Not to some... In fact when some ladies find out I come to every game and sit on those bleachers they have stated that I am CRAZY! I am crazy......crazy in LOVE! ha But..........God watches what your heart is. It doesn't matter who thinks what.... It matters what he thinks as I sit out there on those wooden bleachers. I remember one day when I wasn't able to get to the game because of a ride and he was ok with it but about 1/2 hour into the game a ride became available and I took off to be there. He told me later...........that when he saw me in those bleachers that it meant the world to him. I like when he looks over from the field and waves lightly underhanded to me.To some its just a ballfield and a little league game



Our purpose is to glorify Him! I pray I can do just that with His days!

3 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I appreciate your wonderful testimony for our Lord!

Rebekah Tastet said...

I am glad that our purpose is wonderful and fun! I love my purpose as a mom and wife! :) I know you do too!
-Rebekah

Anonymous said...

You are the sweetest person. I can't wait for you to publish your book. I will buy them by the case. -Marcy