I BROUGHT THEM HOME AND PAINTED THEM.
JUST THE RIGHT SPOT FOR SITTING WITH A GLASS OF ICED TEA AND ROCKING MY GRANDDAUGHTER OR READING A BOOK
FOUND THIS "SET" AT A LOCAL YARD SALE FOR UNDER $10.
I WILL PAINT IT WHITE AND MAKE SOME NEW CUSHIONS FROM THE 1940'S VINTAGE TABLECLOTH I HAVE. THE POT NOW FILLED WITH FLOWERS ARE FROM MY MOMS HOME WHICH IS NOW GONE.
I dont know about you but we have been trying to "tighten our belts" a little more this summer. I have made new lists of healthy ; inexpensive meals; cut back on things such as gas; lights; air conditioning on as needed; and purchases that are part of our lives.
I have been writing that I love my " little porch". I sit out there when I can and it was full of flowers and comfort. I even wrote a blog on "porches" and have admired other porches and their pretty wicker furniture. Lo and behold I saw a little yard sale around the corner one day last week as I was out for my daily walk. There was this funny little "yellow" wicker set. The man said I could have it all for under $10. My daughter was with me and said to "get it mom". ( is that impulse buying? ha) I knew I must paint it and such but for now it fits perfectly on my back porch in a corner.
A few days later I was going to the mailbox and saw what I thought were two "plastic chairs".
A closer look revealed two white rockers in good shape but needed a fresh coat of paint. I brought those home and thought.... another project to do. I do not like to have alot of unfinished projects. I thanked for Lord for His goodness in giving me these pretty things but I didnt want to bring home more projects for my husband to look at. I decided to clean out the garage and my girls helped. We cleaned; swept; organized and scrubbed that garage clean. Upon the cleaning I found a couple cans of "primer" for wicker and "white paint" for wicker. My daughter Ruth took the chairs out back and did the work while we continued on the garage. Finished!!!
I felt so good at a job finished and well done; at a good buy and Gods blessings; and finishing a job. My husband came home late that evening. I was so glad he didnt have to worry himself about all those projects. The next morning as I walked him to the car to say goodby. He said" Those chair look really nice". Then he walked through the garage and looked around and said " Wow" ( that means GREAT: BEAUTIFUL; YOUR GREAT) and spied something he had been looking for and took it under his arm to work.
As each day goes by day after day. I want it to be on purpose. I want to do the right thing even when "I dont feel like cleaning; mowing; pulling weeds; watering; making dinner; doing laundry; walking; and any other need to be done. Then when "blessings" come I can sit back and rock and appreciate all His goodness.
I have been writing that I love my " little porch". I sit out there when I can and it was full of flowers and comfort. I even wrote a blog on "porches" and have admired other porches and their pretty wicker furniture. Lo and behold I saw a little yard sale around the corner one day last week as I was out for my daily walk. There was this funny little "yellow" wicker set. The man said I could have it all for under $10. My daughter was with me and said to "get it mom". ( is that impulse buying? ha) I knew I must paint it and such but for now it fits perfectly on my back porch in a corner.
A few days later I was going to the mailbox and saw what I thought were two "plastic chairs".
A closer look revealed two white rockers in good shape but needed a fresh coat of paint. I brought those home and thought.... another project to do. I do not like to have alot of unfinished projects. I thanked for Lord for His goodness in giving me these pretty things but I didnt want to bring home more projects for my husband to look at. I decided to clean out the garage and my girls helped. We cleaned; swept; organized and scrubbed that garage clean. Upon the cleaning I found a couple cans of "primer" for wicker and "white paint" for wicker. My daughter Ruth took the chairs out back and did the work while we continued on the garage. Finished!!!
I felt so good at a job finished and well done; at a good buy and Gods blessings; and finishing a job. My husband came home late that evening. I was so glad he didnt have to worry himself about all those projects. The next morning as I walked him to the car to say goodby. He said" Those chair look really nice". Then he walked through the garage and looked around and said " Wow" ( that means GREAT: BEAUTIFUL; YOUR GREAT) and spied something he had been looking for and took it under his arm to work.
As each day goes by day after day. I want it to be on purpose. I want to do the right thing even when "I dont feel like cleaning; mowing; pulling weeds; watering; making dinner; doing laundry; walking; and any other need to be done. Then when "blessings" come I can sit back and rock and appreciate all His goodness.
3 comments:
I am so happy about all your finds. You & Becky were definitely in working mode yesterday. I'll have to come visit again just to see your new improvements. Marcy
Those chairs are beautiful! You are right, there is just something so special about sitting out on the porch. You've inspired me to tackle my garage today!
Your porches look awesome! You all can make anything look great! I love your pictures and stories!
-Rebekah
Post a Comment