SOME NICE ROMAINE LETTUCE CUT UP AND WASHED
I enjoy a quick simple lunch! I admit that if a large burger with cheese; onion; cheese; pickle; tomato was sitting there I would jump at it! But...I know deep down in my heart that I need to try and be "heart healthy". Sometimes I purchase the salad in a bag ready to go when they are on a special sale but my daughter Ruthie showed me that buy purchasing the "romaine" lettuce it can be fairly simple. I take all three out of bag; cut the bad parts off; cut it in small pieces ( we like it like that) then dump it all in a colander. Rinse.........then either lie it all out on a tea towel to dry and roll up that towel to be really quick and dispose of the water. If not in a hurry I even let it dry out in the colander.
I then make my salad. Add the toppings . Sometimes add protein such as chicken or tuna and that's it. I take the leftover salad and put it in a sealed plastic bowl ready for the next time.
I am the kind of person who has to eat 3 times a day and sometimes 2 snacks! Can you believe it?? ha But I like to somewhat have a "plan" what to eat each day. I try to have things in my pantry or the fridge ready to go.
This is not exactly on "decorating" today but it is part of our days and part of our homes.
I hope this helps in keeping our kitchen pantries stocked with good foods we need.
1 comment:
This lunch looks delicious! Sorry I haven't stopped by here for a few days...it's been crazy busy around here...but I got caught up on all I've been missing! I love reading your blog, it's so peaceful and encouraging! P.S. Thats such a pretty apron!
Post a Comment