RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

BANANA CRUMB MORNING MUFFINS.....AND A "KITCHEN TIP"

Last Saturday evening I looked upon the top of the refrigerator and saw a few bananas that
were going bad.....I hated to waste them so decided early Saturday morning to make these
delicious Banana Crumb Muffins.........
Fist I mixed the ingredients together ..........most things I have on hand..
Then.........using baking cups makes the clean up easy and neat................
I added the delicious topping......( I think this is what makes these special)
They came out wonderful..........By today my muffins were gone..........that makes it worth it!
I usually purchase round little placemats in colors of the season for my kitchen table (Kohls has them on sale each month....I am
constantly wiping these mats after each meal
TIP: One day I thought I would try and stick them into a small sink of sudsy cool water....I then quickly rinsed them and layed them in the sun to dry..

They come out neat and clean.....and ready to use again................

BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS...............
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Mmm! I have to try these! The topping sounds so yummy!