I thought? I usually keep myself informed about dates and times...but as I thought back I recalled quit a "busy summer"..........
It seems we really do not know what a season; a month; or a year will bring but I have to say
I am thankful for a very special season this past year.........Its not always been easy but many
sweet blessings have come my way.........As I open the door to my home.........my heart has also
been opened to new things; new thoughts; new joys........
rock with our granddaughter; to have friends stop by and enjoy a visit or two...........or to
sit and watch the birds as they have filled the feeders by husband bought for me earlier this
season.......
some extra pillows in rooms to storage. Put away some items that sat upon tables...Cleared out
until the next season begins.............
Our dining room table had its days of use.........with full summer suppers; filled with burgers;
fresh green beans; grilled chicken; salads of all sorts; and cool refreshing deserts........and chairs
brought in all around to fill in for extra guest......I would keep my table set with pretty green
dishes and a full centerpiece of white flowers but I am now clearing the table to bring a blank
slate .............for the next season.........it sits peaceful
pants and my skirts hung so nicely in the closet..........I have a few "pretty hangers" to hang
delicate blouses and things...
mom went to heaven ......A hard time but a precious time with her...sweet good memories we had
together.........and a sweet time with my brother and sisters that I will never forget........
I was blessed to have precious parents that loved me and I loved them. Were they perfect? I know I am not but they loved me and others...........I am blessed to have had wonderful parents and great inlaws...........
I am one of those who loves spending time in my kitchen to create.....as I grow older I have simplified but memories of the aromas that have filled the kitchen are like a hug from home....
my husband and I and the whole family...........When my dear husband works so hard and
the challenges of life as well as his time in the hospital recently .......These precious grandchildren
fill his heart........(mine too)
porch as the sun began to shine over the rooftops.............God is so good to me I can hardly stand it sometimes!
A batch of banana muffins somehow makes everyone feel warm and cozy some days.......
It was a project my husband and I wanted to do together...It has provided many blessings for
us and to give to others....but it did not get all the attention needed as other things filled some
of our days...yet we have enjoyed its bounty..........
........I knew they didnt understand but my husband did and loved that I was there. Me too!
dont forget the "French Silk Ice Cream" with lite whipped cream each night!!!
pool; going to the garden; taking walks to the park with grandpa..........
on that later.............I am thankful to God for His blessings and for things to come........
What have you enjoyed this season?
3 comments:
wonderful pictures! a lovely family and life you have!
Beautiful post.
Tending my tomato plants and flower pots, enjoying garden produce from my neighbors, getting baby things ready. It has been a full summer but I definitely look forward to autumn! :)
Post a Comment