I just love Mondays....they are one of my favorite things....Why?.............. They come after Sunday where I heard a wonderful sermon on "Blessings" Sunday morning
and evening....It convicted and touched my heart along with beautiful music that lifted my
soul..........I love Sundays too!
. I love Mondays because they are the beginning of a new week for me...........A new start.
. I love Mondays because on Mondays I do my big cleaning for the week...Stripping the beds and
then fresh clean sheets put back on; cleaning ; dusting; sweeping each room; cleaning the bathrooms from top to bottom; tidying the front and back porch areas ; working in my garden
bringing in the tomatoes; peppers and such; and enjoying a clean fresh home at the end of the day..............
. I love Mondays because I can plan for the rest of the week in my planner. My menu for the week. My workload and things to get done for the week. Plans for others with special prayer or
cards or gifts to be put together.
. I love Mondays because they are given by God. I can read His love letter to me and walk with
Him the rest of the week...............as He directs my path..............
I never really know who is going to knock at that door..........but when He send them my way
I want to be ready for whomever He sends................
. Here are a few simple ways to get started on your Monday:
. Begin by thanking God for your day as you get up...........Even though its Monday...
shower; clean up; put on some pretty music; and eat a good breakfast.
This can be simply a hot or cold cereal or a yogurt and some fruit.
. Take time in your Bible. Read one Psalms or have a devotional book you can follow along.
. Clean your kitchen. Wipe counters. Take out trash. Take clutter to rooms where they go.
. Make all your beds. * If time; wash sheets; blankets and comforter.
. Run the sweeper or sweep areas needed....
. Pick up any clutter and place in the correct room. Maybe a basket may help in each room.
. Wipe down all bathrooms. * If time; clean thoroughly.
. Sit down with a hot or cool drink and rest......Make out a menu for the week. *You can use
this to make out a grocery list later.
. Check laundry. If you dont have much time make sure you have at least some clean towels;
clothes for each person to wear the next day.*** I do most of my ironing on another day.
* I try and make sure my husband has enough shirts and clean pants ready for the week as well as other clothes folded and put in place in his drawers for the week.
The same goes for my children. When they were younger I did this . As they grew older they
were able to help with making sure these things were done themselves.
. Take time out to rest or do something you enjoy....for a few. * I never used to say this when I was younger but its ok to stop and rest and renew yourself so you can be fresh for the rest of the day or early evening.
. Set out dinner to be prepared. Set table.
. Prepare dinner. * if you fill your sink or some items with hot sudsy water while working this may help on clean up. Clean up as you go.....
. Rest in the evening with your family. Prepare time for homework if needful with your children;
baths; bedtime Make a place for their backpacks; lunchboxes ; papers....
Perhaps a board with pegs to hang; a small cardboard stand with drawers tucked in a mudroom; lunch items placed in baskets in cabinets to be filled later...the list can go on and on..
Make a chart etc..and make it simple and fun . Can use stars; stickers; points....
Dont make evening a time to tell all your troubles and woes. Make it a restful time for a restful sleep. * a lady I know writes down on a list on the kitchen workplace things that need done or
need tending to so that way her husband could look and see what needed done and care for it
when needed. I liked that.
Perhaps your Mondays are not like mine. Maybe your husband works different shifts; you
may have added things to care for at home or elsewhere; but the idea is to make some simple
schedule to help bring abit of order to your days........and peace around you....
No comments:
Post a Comment